|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Independent Schools Association of the Central States
Educational Records Bureau
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||399 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||26 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Neat and appropriate clothing)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,290|
|Tuition Notes||Varies by program.|
|Admissions Director||Cheryl Kelly|
|Admissions Associate||Patrick Bieser|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess Club, Flag Football, Private music instruction, Robotics Club, Robotics Team, Soccer, The Atrium - After School Religious Program Chess Club, Flag Football, Robotics Club, Robotics Team, Soccer, Private music instruction,
The Atrium - After School Religious Program,
- Founded in 1961, Milwaukee Montessori School is a private, independent, co-educational elementary day school educating over 400 students from toddler age through the eighth grade. Milwaukee Montessori School is recognized for its outstanding and dynamic academic program dedicated to providing an individualized educational experience.
- Our school's challenging and enriching curriculum encourages the development of real-world skills including: independent and decision-oriented thinking; creativity; technology, math, and science skills; an appreciation for arts, music and diverse cultures, plus the importance of community and environmental stewardship.
- Our Toddler Program for ages 18 months - 3 years offers much more than just school readiness. Staffed enthusiastic, skilled faculty, children enjoy art, music, dance, simple science, language arts, sand and water play, as well as plenty of outdoor time.
- In our Extended Day program, we offer adult-supervised child care before and after school. Students engage in meaningful activities and supervised play with children in groups reflective of their academic groups - Kindergarten (Children's House), Lower Elementary (grades 1-3), Upper Elementary (grades 4-6), and Junior High (7-8).
- Each summer from June to August, we offer a full-time Summer Program for students age 3 - 13. Our unique and interactive summer program combines the fine arts, theater, computers, robotics, Montessori Classroom instruction, sports, field trips, and playtime filled with social interaction. Flexibile week-long sessions.
- The faculty and staff at Milwaukee Montessori School are highly trained in Montessori methodology and strive to attain professional excellence for their students and families.
- At Milwaukee Montessori Schoool, we aim to provide students with an education that meets their intellectual abilities and needs, while promoting an appreciation of diversity as an integral part of school life. This value is reflected in the wide diversity in our student and faculty body.
Profile last updated: 07/16/2015
Nearby Private Schools:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MilwaukeeGrades: 9-12 | 758 students
330 N Glenview Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53213
WauwatosaGrades: PK-8 | 492 students
800 Glenview Ave
Wauwatosa, WI 53213
West AllisGrades: PK-8 | 109 students
1337 S 100th St
West Allis, WI 53214
MilwaukeeGrades: PK-8 | 176 students
1435 S 92nd St
Milwaukee, WI 53214
MilwaukeeGrades: 9-12 | 801 students
135 N 76th St
Milwaukee, WI 53213