Grades: PK-K | 57 students
St. Francis Children's Center serves infants-K5.
We are an inclusive program and serve children with and without special needs.
We are a tuition based program and accept W2.
All of our lead teachers are four year degreed teachers, many with Master's degrees and all are licensed through the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||early childhood-special needs|
|Total Students||57 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition & student/teacher ratios varies per classrom for infants, toddler, preschool and kindergarten.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Laura Kosteretz|
- St. Francis Children's Center's Early Childhood Education Program serves children from four weeks of age through Kindergarten. These Center-based classrooms are fully inclusive, meaning that children with special needs and children who are typically developing have the opportunity to grow, learn and play together. The program is designed to focus on the development of the whole child, addressing social, emotional, academic and physical growth. Our classroom arrangements are based upon a center philosophy allowing separate areas for activities that stimulate learning, such as sensory play, dramatic play, books, blocks, puzzles, reading, writing, art, science, fine motor, math, music and computers. Our programs are directly led by or are under the guidance of teachers who are licensed by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction in Early Childhood. All other classroom assistants are certified by the State of Wisconsin as Child Care Teachers. Classroom staff is supported by an on-site psychologist, speech and language pathologists, physical and occupational therapists, social workers and mentoring administrators. Children benefit greatly from this extensive professional team who oversees their development. Our programs offer:
- Nurturing year-round, full day programs weekdays from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm
- Part-time care options for children ages four weeks to 36 months
- Inclusive classrooms that welcome children from all backgrounds and abilities
- Play-based education that promotes growth in all areas of development
- Early Childhood licensed teachers and certified teaching assistants
- Competitive rates, which include breakfast, hot lunch and snacks daily
- Well-equipped, large, colorful classrooms
- Full-size gymnasium
- Two indoor playgrounds and three fenced outdoor playgrounds
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MilwaukeeGrades: PK-8 | 156 students
6401 N Santa Monica Blvd Ste 1
Milwaukee, WI 53217
MilwaukeeGrades: KG-8 | 96 students
6401 N Santa Monica Blvd
Milwaukee, WI 53217
MilwaukeeGrades: 9-12 | 52 students
6800 N Green Bay Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53209
Fox PointGrades: PK-8 | 190 students
7600 N Port Washington Rd
Fox Point, WI 53217
MilwaukeeGrades: PK-8 | 431 students
5635 N Santa Monica Blvd
Milwaukee, WI 53217
Rental Market Monitor
September 20, 2015
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
September 07, 2015
Choosing the right school for your child is a major project. We look a five reasons why you might be looking at the wrong schools.
August 30, 2015
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.