|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten - 6|
|Total Students||58 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||80%|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(dress for paint and dirt!)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,880|
|Tuition Notes||7086 for full time K-6th students 3916 for 1/2 time preschool students|
|% on Financial Aid||25%|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,500|
|Admissions Director||Rise Richardson|
- Our aim is to nurture children's sense of wonder and to guide their pursuit of knowledge so that each child can integrate their own experience and transform it into understanding.
- The Village School's curriculum is project based. Outdoor exploration, nature observation, science experiments, nature projects, and gardening are integral aspects of the program. Science is the study of nature.
- Academics are woven into the fabric of the child's life experience. Reading, writing and math tools are forged and honed daily in order to assist children in their understanding of themselves and the world around them. Our Investigations math curriculum helps develop critical thinking, use group problem solving, and master concepts with the aid of everyday material objects.
- Many forms of creative expression are used throughout the school, including clay work, watercolor painting, dance, music singing and movement, drama, journal work, storytelling and creative writing.
- The school is an inseparable part of a vibrant community that integrates school, work and home life. parents are welcome participants in the daily life of the school, helping to create a village atmosphere where parents, students and teachers work together in a dynamic learning community.
- We are located on the quiet Royalston Common where we have a spacious green playground surrounded by forest.
Profile last updated: 04/11/2013
Winchester Immaculate Heart Of Mary School
(Roman Catholic)5.5 mi | 32 students | Gr. K-12
Baldwinville Cottage Hill Academy
All-girls | Special Education School8.5 mi | 28 students | Gr. 6-12
Winchendon The Winchendon School
Petersham Petersham Montessori Schools
Montessori School (Christian)10.2 mi | 20 students | Gr. K
Troy Tender Sheperd Preschool And K
Early Childhood / Day Cares (Lutheran Church -- Missouri Synod)11 mi | 33 students | Gr. PK-K