Grades: PK - 6 | 58 students
The village school has a unique curriculum based on direct contact with the natural world, kindness, and attention to the individual.
we strive to maintain a balance between the work of the mind, the heart and the body, in tune with the natural rhythm of a child's development.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten - 6|
|Total Students||58 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||80%|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(dress for paint and dirt!)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,880|
|Tuition Notes||7086 for full time K-6th students 3916 for 1/2 time preschool students|
|% on Financial Aid||25%|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Rise Richardson|
- Our aim is to nurture children's sense of wonder and to guide their pursuit of knowledge so that each child can integrate their own experience and transform it into understanding.
- The Village School's curriculum is project based. Outdoor exploration, nature observation, science experiments, nature projects, and gardening are integral aspects of the program. Science is the study of nature.
- Academics are woven into the fabric of the child's life experience. Reading, writing and math tools are forged and honed daily in order to assist children in their understanding of themselves and the world around them. Our Investigations math curriculum helps develop critical thinking, use group problem solving, and master concepts with the aid of everyday material objects.
- Many forms of creative expression are used throughout the school, including clay work, watercolor painting, dance, music singing and movement, drama, journal work, storytelling and creative writing.
- The school is an inseparable part of a vibrant community that integrates school, work and home life. parents are welcome participants in the daily life of the school, helping to create a village atmosphere where parents, students and teachers work together in a dynamic learning community.
- We are located on the quiet Royalston Common where we have a spacious green playground surrounded by forest.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
WinchesterGrades: K-12 | 33 students
95 Fay Martin Road
Winchester, NH 03470
BaldwinvilleGrades: 7-12 | 8 students
Po Box 38
Baldwinville, MA 01436
TroyGrades: PK-K | 33 students
P.o. Box 189, 4 Fitzwilliam Rd
Troy, NH 03465
WinchendonGrades: 9-12 | 236 students
172 Ash Street
Winchendon, MA 01475
PetershamGrades: PK-KG | 16 students
Po Box 347
Petersham, MA 01366
Rental Market Monitor
August 09, 2015
Voucher programs have gained a lot of traction since 1989 when the first voucher program appeared in Milwaukee. We look at how things are playing out in 2015.
July 12, 2015
Many parents tend to dismiss the idea of sending their children to private school without exploring it in depth. We explore this and several more related subjects.
June 28, 2015
When it comes to choosing a private school, there are so many choices to consider that the project can be a huge challenge to most of us. We offer some help and advice to help you get started.