Fox River Country Day School
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten - 8|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Chuck Harvout|
- What sets our school apart? An accelerated academic curriculum is the springboard for additional special features at our school.
- The School is unique and charming
- Outstanding faculty who know and love their students
- Beautiful 53 acre campus
- Small Class sizes
- Emphasis in all areas on character building values of charity, cooperation, courtesy, creativity, good judgment, gratitute, honesty, humility, reliability, resourcefulness, respect, and self-control.
- Foreign language
- In-depth environmental education program
- Art, drama and music
- Interscholastic sports in Middle School
- Homelike international boarding program and day school
- Diversity in student community ESL (English as a Second Language) support
- Before and After School Care
- After School enrichment Program, varies and has included Bhangra Indian dance, horseback riding, piano, clay sculture, computers, drawing, baseball, dance, chess, scouting programs, and more.
- Fun Summer Program
- Character Building
- We are committed to contributing to the positive growth in character of each of our students, a pursuit that begins in Preschool and continues on through Grade 8. This focus encompasses everything from how we share toys in the sandbox to how we make good decisions about friendships and behavior. Our list of Character Building Qualities gives the community a shared language. An awareness of the importance of good character permeates the curriculum.
- Environmental Education happens every day here on our unique campus of gently sloping land, beautiful trees, and rare wetland ecosystems.
- Imagine your child… learning about freshwater ecology at our streams, springs, and pond observing a flying squirrel, blue heron, great-horned owl, or a passing flock of cranes identifying the tracks of mink, fox, and coyote learning land stewardship practices by clearing invasive species keeping a journal about a favorite site in our Forested Fen
- The Arts provide many opportunities for exploring creativity.
- Imagine your child… using the pottery wheel learning about Matisse and Monet creating 3-D objects with hand-made paper making a texture collage with leaves collected on a hike drawing and painting from life and from imagination making an origami mobile learning about color theory, perspective, and proportion participating in a community piece of artwork
- Music and Drama provide other rich avenues for expression.
- Imagine your child… performing with poise and joy experiencing drama in a radio play, an improv performance, or a musical playing in a recorder consort being part of a hand-chime choir learning the principles of composition experiencing the stage through the eyes of a dancing flower or a singing firefly singing in several languages, in three-part harmony
Related School Videos:
Fox River Country Day School - pt 2
4 years ago
Fox River Country Day School - pt 1
4 years ago
It's a Wonderful School
1 year ago.
Related School News:
- Tollway panel OKs plan for former Day School land in Elgin - Elgin Courier News
posted on March 20, 2013 at 07:14:12 pm
Tollway panel OKs plan for former Day School land in ElginElgin Courier NewsThe land just north of I-90 on the west side of Route 25 is the site of the former Fox River Country Day School, which closed in 2011 ...
- Elgin day school to close, leaving uncertain future of campus designed by Frank Lloyd Wright protege
posted on July 14, 2011 at 04:43:58 pm
The Fox River Country Day School, a fixture in Elgin since the 1920s, has announced it will close--placing in limbo the school's naturalistic ...
- Fox River Country Day School closing after 98 years
posted on July 12, 2011 at 07:13:21 am
ELGIN — Peter Mikulak has been with Fox River Country Day School for 50 years, first as a student, then as a teacher, according to a YouTube video.And, the video said, “Like George Bailey, he has become ...
Gr. PK-8 | 0 mi. away
Gr. 1-12 | 0.8 mi. away
Gr. K | 1.4 mi. away
Gr. PK-12 | 1.5 mi. away
Gr. 7-12 | 1.6 mi. away
Gr. K | 1.8 mi. away