Grades: K - 8 | 62 students
Grace Christian Academy is a Christ-centered, classical educational institution that exists to provide excellent education and a Biblical worldview for our children, so that they may live their lives to the glory of God.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten - 8|
|Total Students||62 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||13%
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||10%|
|Average Class Size||11 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,700|
|% on Financial Aid||20%|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Deborah Conner|
|Admissions Associate||Penny Larson|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Cross Country, Track and Field, Winter TrackCross Country, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess Club, Spring Chess Club Chess Club, Spring Chess Club,
- Grace Christian Academy students are taught how to learn and how to interrelate and examine all knowledge as part of a larger whole defined by Christian truth. All learning is a unified effort and points to glorify God.
- Our Christian school utilizes a classical approach to learning known as the Trivium. This time-proven methodology is composed of three interrelated phases that correspond with a child's developmental stages of learning. These phases also correspond with the Biblical categories of knowledge, understanding, and wisdom, thus enabling students to easily master subjects at the appropriate age.
- Grace Christian Academy offers a full range of curriculum. From Kindergarten to 8th grade.
- GCA is a member of the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and our teachers also receive training from the Association of Classical Christian Schools (ACCS). Some highlights are: An academically rigorous education grounded in Scripture with a Biblical worldview Low student to teacher ratio Systematic phonics instruction begins in kindergarten Cursive penmanship begins in 2nd grade Latin instruction begins in 3rd grade Formal Logic instruction begins in 8th grade Advanced math, grammar and writing curricula
- Terra NovaTesting Grades 3-8
Profile last updated: 04/09/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Carson CityGrades: 9-12 | 84 students
3601 Romans Rd
Carson City, NV 89705
MindenGrades: PK-K | 26 students
1695 County Rd
Minden, NV 89423
GardnervilleGrades: PK-KG | 38 students
1327 Waterloo Ln
Gardnerville, NV 89410
GardnervilleGrades: KG-8 | 65 students
1004 Dresslerville Rd
Gardnerville, NV 89460
GardnervilleGrades: KG-12 | 24 students
925 Riverview Dr
Gardnerville, NV 89460
Rental Market Monitor
August 30, 2015
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
August 09, 2015
Voucher programs have gained a lot of traction since 1989 when the first voucher program appeared in Milwaukee. We look at how things are playing out in 2015.
July 12, 2015
Many parents tend to dismiss the idea of sending their children to private school without exploring it in depth. We explore this and several more related subjects.