Grades: PK-12 | 222 students
Easton Country Day School, a coeducational Pre-K though 12, offers rigorous academics shaped to the individual child in a familial environment that encourages accomplishment, responsibility and acceptance of diversity.
We offer programs for the highly gifted, and we emphasize the fine arts.
ECDS teaches children how to learn, preparing them for life beyond school.
Our highly academic and intimate high school encourages students to chart their own course though their 4 years, incorporating local colleges and internships into their program. Our Praesto Preparatory Division admits twice exceptional children needing special education as well as gifted opportunities. MEMBER: CONNECTICUT ASSOCIATION OF INDEPENDENT SCHOOLS
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Our Praesto Preparatory division supports many learning differences.|
|Total Students||222 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||46 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||20 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Formal dress for special occasions)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$18,500|
|Tuition Notes||high school is $27500 Gifted programing is $27,500|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,500|
|Admissions Director||Suellen Inwood|
|Admissions Associate||J. Boyce Asst Dtr High School|
- Easton Country Day School, a coeducational elementary school, offers rigorous academics shaped to the individual child in a familial environment that encourages accomplishment, responsibility and acceptance of diversity. We offer programs for the highly gifted, and we emphasize the fine arts. ECDS teaches children how to learn, preparing them for life beyond school. ECDS has a small and very academic high school which affords the opportunity to
- We offer an extraordinary program for gifted students. Using educational techniques that include vertical integration, individualized programming, enhanced curriculum, and problem solving orientation, we provide exceptional learning for the very gifted and talented student. Students are often gifted in specific areas. We can accommodate these children by addressing their individual strengths, while allowing them to grow emotionally and socially at their appropriate age level. Our programs are tailored to individually accommodate each gifted child in all areas of study, as well as in the arts.
- Individually developed programs taught in a safe and caring environment.
- ECDS now has a small high school for intellectually capable students who are looking for a small, friendly environment.
- Our high school applies research based practices to deliver a 21st century education.
- The State of Connecticut (in an unsolicited endorsement) commended Easton Country Day School "for its warm and nurturing environment… its attention to individual needs through integrated studies and multi-age groupings." Easton Country Day School is an accredited member of the Connecticut Association of Independent Schools.
- Programs for the highly gifted with accelerated academics and age appropriate social interaction
- Individually developed programs taught in a safe and caring environment
- The values of responsibility, integrity, and respect are stressed.
- Before and after school care is available.
- We also offer day care for ages 3 months and up.
Profile last updated: 01/12/2015
Nearby Private Schools:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
FairfieldGrades: 9-12 | 483 students
220 Jefferson St
Fairfield, CT 06825
TrumbullGrades: PK-8 | 289 students
55 Rosemond Ter
Trumbull, CT 06611
FairfieldGrades: PK | 20 students
760 Tahmore Dr
Fairfield, CT 06825
BridgeportGrades: K-9 | 267 students
395 Anton St
Bridgeport, CT 06606
MonroeGrades: PK-KG | 47 students
101 Cutlers Farm Rd
Monroe, CT 06468
Rental Market Monitor
November 24, 2015
Many parents search for an answer to the question "How do I provide the kind of religious education I want for my child?" Religious education is a very personal, subjective matter. We explore some of your options.
November 19, 2015
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.
October 04, 2015
This A-Z list is designed to make you aware of the many things involved in choosing the right school for your child.