|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten - 12|
|Learning Programs Supported||Our Ryan School division supports many learning differences.|
|Total Students||223 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||15% (CT School Avg.: 21%)|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||42 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||60%|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Formal dress for special occasions)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,000|
|Tuition Notes||high school is $27,000 Gifted programing is $27,000|
|% on Financial Aid||18%|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,500|
|Admissions Director||Suellen Inwood|
|Admissions Associate||Chris Quirk, High School Head|
- Easton Country Day School, a coeducational elementary school, offers rigorous academics shaped to the individual child in a familial environment that encourages accomplishment, responsibility and acceptance of diversity. We offer programs for the highly gifted, and we emphasize the fine arts. ECDS teaches children how to learn, preparing them for life beyond school.
- We offer an extraordinary program for gifted students. Using educational techniques that include vertical integration, individualized programming, enhanced curriculum, and problem solving orientation, we provide exceptional learning for the very gifted and talented student. Students are often gifted in specific areas. We can accommodate these children by addressing their individual strengths, while allowing them to grow emotionally and socially at their appropriate age level. Our programs are tailored to individually accommodate each gifted child in all areas of study, as well as in the arts.
- Individually developed programs taught in a safe and caring environment.
- ECDS now has a small high school for intellectually capable students who are looking for a small, friendly environment.
- Our high school applies research based practices to deliver a 21st century education.
- The State of Connecticut (in an unsolicited endorsement) commended Easton Country Day School "for its warm and nurturing environment… its attention to individual needs through integrated studies and multi-age groupings." Easton Country Day School is an accredited member of the Connecticut Association of Independent Schools.
- Programs for the highly gifted with accelerated academics and age appropriate social interaction
- Individually developed programs taught in a safe and caring environment
- The values of responsibility, integrity, and respect are stressed.
- Before and after school care is available.
- We also offer day care for ages 3 months and up.
Profile last updated: 07/31/2013
Easton Easton Country Day School
Fairfield Notre Dame Catholic High School
(Roman Catholic)3.2 mi | 483 students | Gr. 9-12
Trumbull Holy Family School
(Roman Catholic)3.7 mi | 255 students | Gr. PK-8
Trumbull St. Theresa School
(Roman Catholic)3.7 mi | 250 students | Gr. K-9
Bridgeport University School
- October 06, 2012 - This place delivered what it promised. My son was small and brilliant and bullied. They put him in classes that exactly suited him, and bullying is stopped as soon as it starts. I cannot over state our delight and relief! - Posted by Parent
- June 01, 2012 - I visited this school recently, and found it to be a very unique and loving environment for children. They have the ability to provide many things for children, such as programming for children with gifted tendencies, programming for special interests (music, science, business, etc.). I am especially impressed with the diversity of the school environment, which most private schools in the area do not provide. The children are taught to be respectful and supportive of each other, which was clearly evident when I saw the children interacting in the halls between class periods. Kindness, consideration, and respect is something you rarely find in a school environment. I highly recommend Easton Country Day School. - Posted by Parent
- June 01, 2012 - I am so glad we found ECDS! My son was bored and antsy and had every excuse to stay home. Here, he is excited to go, up before us, and it only took about 2 weeks of summer before he started asking to return. Nice kids, nice teachers, great education. - Posted by Parent