|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten - 12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Our Praesto Preparatory division supports many learning differences.|
|Total Students||222 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||15%
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||46 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||75%|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||20 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Formal dress for special occasions)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$18,500|
|Tuition Notes||high school is $27500 Gifted programing is $27,500|
|% on Financial Aid||18%|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,500|
|Admissions Director||Suellen Inwood|
|Admissions Associate||J. Boyce Asst Dtr High School|
- Easton Country Day School, a coeducational elementary school, offers rigorous academics shaped to the individual child in a familial environment that encourages accomplishment, responsibility and acceptance of diversity. We offer programs for the highly gifted, and we emphasize the fine arts. ECDS teaches children how to learn, preparing them for life beyond school. ECDS has a small and very academic high school which affords the opportunity to
- We offer an extraordinary program for gifted students. Using educational techniques that include vertical integration, individualized programming, enhanced curriculum, and problem solving orientation, we provide exceptional learning for the very gifted and talented student. Students are often gifted in specific areas. We can accommodate these children by addressing their individual strengths, while allowing them to grow emotionally and socially at their appropriate age level. Our programs are tailored to individually accommodate each gifted child in all areas of study, as well as in the arts.
- Individually developed programs taught in a safe and caring environment.
- ECDS now has a small high school for intellectually capable students who are looking for a small, friendly environment.
- Our high school applies research based practices to deliver a 21st century education.
- The State of Connecticut (in an unsolicited endorsement) commended Easton Country Day School "for its warm and nurturing environment… its attention to individual needs through integrated studies and multi-age groupings." Easton Country Day School is an accredited member of the Connecticut Association of Independent Schools.
- Programs for the highly gifted with accelerated academics and age appropriate social interaction
- Individually developed programs taught in a safe and caring environment
- The values of responsibility, integrity, and respect are stressed.
- Before and after school care is available.
- We also offer day care for ages 3 months and up.
Profile last updated: 01/12/2015
- School Location Miles Students Grades
FairfieldNotre Dame Catholic High School
220 Jefferson St
Fairfield, CT 06825
(203)372-6521(Roman Catholic)3.2 mi | 483 students | Gr. 9-12
TrumbullSt Theresa School
55 Rosemond Ter
Trumbull, CT 06611
(203)268-3236(Roman Catholic)3.7 mi | 289 students | Gr. PK-8
FairfieldSt. Catherine Academy
760 Tahmore Dr
Fairfield, CT 06825
(203)540-5381Special Education School (Roman Catholic)4 mi | 20 students | Gr. PK
BridgeportSt. Andrew School
395 Anton St
Bridgeport, CT 06606
(203)373-1552(Roman Catholic)4.3 mi | 267 students | Gr. K-9
MonroeMagic Kingdom Day Nursery & Kindergarten
101 Cutlers Farm Rd
Monroe, CT 06468
(203)261-0130Daycare / Preschool4.7 mi | 47 students | Gr. PK-KG