|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Religious Affiliation||Christian (no specific denomination)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten - 8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Learning Disabilities, Mild Learning Differences. On-site tutor .|
|Total Students||168 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||25% (AZ School Avg.: 30%)|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||25%|
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(No uniforms, chapel shirts on Fridays, and neat, modest clothing required)
Finances and Admission
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,295|
|Tuition Notes||Kinder Tuition: $4,950 Elementary Tuition: $6,295 Middle School Tuition: $6,795|
|% on Financial Aid||5%|
|Admissions Director||Gail Nick|
|Admissions Associate||Dana Thompson|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Golf, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Young Rembrants, Chess Club, Twinkle Toes Dance, Mighty Cat Sports, Running Club, Scouts Chess Club, Running Club, Scouts, Young Rembrants,
Twinkle Toes Dance,
Mighty Cat Sports,
- Christian Discipleship: to teach students how to listen to, walk with, and be more like Christ.
- Academic Excellence: to educate students to find their passion and develop their gifts and talents to love and to serve God in all aspects of life.
- School Community: to provide a safe, caring environment where students and families are encouraged to love your neighbor as yourself.
- Mission Statement: We believe life has meaning and significance only in relationship with God. We lead each student toward a relationship with Jesus Christ, and encourage each one to reach his or her unique potential.
- Vision: BCS delivers academic excellence from a biblical worldview, in a caring, Christ-centered environment. By partnering with parents, we help students develop critical thinking skills and a strong foundation to recognize the God given talents and gifts with which they have been blessed so that they may become confident, intentional Christian leaders.
- Additional Programs: As a convenience to parents and students, Bethany offers the following services: extended Care (before & after school); hot lunch program; tuition reduction opportunities; extracurricular activities such as sports, chess club, karate, and more!
Profile last updated: 07/31/2013
Tempe Bethany Learning Center
Early Childhood / Day Cares (Christian)0 mi | 240 students | Gr. PK-K
Mesa Mesa Montessori
Montessori School0.2 mi | 15 students | Gr. K
Tempe Academic Behavioral Alternatives
Special Education School0.9 mi | 160 students | Gr. K-12
Mesa St. Timothy Catholic Preschool
Early Childhood / Day Cares (Roman Catholic)1.4 mi | 90 students | Gr. PK-K
Mesa St. Timothy Preschool And Kindergarten
Early Childhood / Day Cares (Roman Catholic)1.4 mi | 85 students | Gr. PK-K 1 Review
- June 20, 2012 - The quality of the academic program at Bethany Christian School is evidence in very strong ways through the lives of those who have gone through the school''s program. Music, art, sports and various other activities are outstanding as well. The campus is convenient to the 101, is safe and is well suited to a K-8 environment. Recent parent comments about the school: BCS is a blessed environment; has positive energy; is safe; spiritually fulfilling; hard to imagine being anywhere else; immersion in biblical application; kids from school have been transformed and have a strong foundation - Posted by Parent