Trinity School of Frederick
|Religious Affiliation||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (formerly AELC, ALC, or LCA)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten - 8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild learning differences|
|Total Students||121 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||10% (MD School Avg.: 37%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||65%|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom dress code||Formal
(khaki pants, skirts and polos)
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,920|
|Tuition Notes||Financial aid is available.|
|% on Financial Aid||19%|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,950|
|Admissions Director||Barbara Cartwright|
|Admissions Associate||Cynthia Piazza|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Track and Field||Volleyball|
|Total Extracurriculars||8 extracurriculars|
|Guitar Lessons||Intramural Sports|
|Lego Club||Piano Lessons|
|Student Government||Voice Lessons|
- The mission of Trinity School of Frederick is to educate children in a stimulating academic environment within a Christian community of faith. Trinity is an independent school which:
- fosters intellectual, spiritual, artistic, and physical potential;
- builds strong, independent thinkers; and
- develops children of character and integrity who carry those traits forward as leaders in service to their communities.
- supports and challenges intellectual curiosity
- fosters self-confidence and initiative
- respects the gifts of each child
- encourages persistence and responsibility
- is joyful, exciting, and nurturing
- is secure, and orderly
- Sound educational goals are essential to Trinity's mission. Trinity seeks to empower all students to discover within themselves that they are children of God, loved by God. We encourage the spiritual, intellectual, social, emotional, and artistic potential of all our pupils. Parent Testimonials
- We were immediately impressed with the caring environment we saw at Trinity- teachers and students showed a kindness to everyone in the school. Learning with enthusiasm is the daily mode of operation, and being in the classroom as a volunteer parent has completely sold me on the consistent top-quality nature of the academic standards. My daughter's teachers model what it means to approach tasks of the day with positive attitude and gratitude for the opportunity to learn and interact in the world God has given to us. Weekly chapel makes a clear impact on my daughter's spiritual growth- she is developing her own faith and learning true respect for people of all faiths and backgrounds thanks to Trinity.
- Parent, 2nd Grader
- We chose Trinity School for our child after just one visit. Trinity has all the attributes we were looking for and more: Small class sizes; Caring & engaging teachers; an atmosphere of mutual respect for all. Our child knows all the teachers and staff and they all know him. He is challenged, encouraged and acknowledged every day. We are in our third year at Trinity and there has never been a day where our child has not been excited to go to school!
- Parent, 2nd Grader
- We love the small class sizes at Trinity, the creativity and enthusiasm of the excellent teachers and the cooperativeness of the children in the classes. At each grade level my son has had exciting, creative, hands-on activities and projects. They have taken field trips that allow them to "get their hands messy",learning by doing.
- Parent, 3rd Grader and Kindergartener
- Trinity School is helping my daughter not only discover and nurture her own gifts but also recognize unique gifts in others. School is so much more than academics. The grades on a report card do not define a student. I know that at Trinity School, my daughter is defined by her strengths, not her weaknesses. She is recognized as a beloved child of God and is nurtured in an environment that feeds the kind of intellectual curiosity that will help her to reach her full potential.
- Parent, 7th Grader
- My family loves being a part of the Trinity School of Frederick. My children are excited to go to school in the morning, which is fostering their love for learning. They are in a secure, nurturing environment, which challenges each child to realize his/her own potential, allowing them to be schooled without distraction. The dedicated and highly learned staff is unrivaled in their commitment to their students. Never before have I seen teachers with such devotion and love for their job! Trinity School of Frederick is a very special place. Even my children's Grandparents take pride in their involvement with their Grandchildren's once in a lifetime school. Parent, 2nd Grader and Kindergartener
- Our son began attending Trinity School three years ago, and has made incredible progress in school ever since. He gets much more individualized instruction there, as Trinity teachers are quick to assess the strengths and weaknesses of each student and adjust teaching methods accordingly. Most importantly, he comes home every day with a story to tell that always makes the same point: he loves learning at Trinity.
- Parent, 3rd Grader
- My son has truly flourished at Trinity and absolutely loves going to school. He feels strong sense of stability here and constantly comes home talking about how much he enjoys his teachers and friends. My husband and I particularly like the ongoing dialog surrounding our child's progress at Trinity. Pam Seale ? The Head of School, along with his teachers fully coordinate with us to understand where our child stands at any given time. We feel so fortunate to have found such a dynamic and caring private school in Frederick, Maryland.
Profile last updated: 01/16/2013
Related School Videos:
Happy Birthday Trinity School of Frederick
11 months ago
Trinity School of Frederick - Building Fund
2 years ago
Trinity School of Frederick
2 years ago
Facebook School Page:
Related School News:
- Amy Katz: Math Counts at Trinity School
posted on January 1, 2013 at 05:20:33 pm
When Villages of Urbana family Peter and Elizabeth Cromwell were transitioning their daughter, Annie, from Urbana Elementary School into middle school, they considered the variety of educational options in the Frederick ...
- Community Foundation Announces Tuition Assistance Fund for Trinity School of Frederick
posted on December 7, 2012 at 05:37:29 pm
Students interested in attending The Trinity School of Frederick may have more opportunities to do so, thanks to The Trinity School of Frederick – Pamela and James Seale Tuition Assistance Fund. The fund is one of more than 630 component funds of The Community Foundation of Frederick County. The fund will provide tuition assistance to students applying to Trinity School of Frederick who do not have the ...
- FCISC High School Fair set for Thursday
posted on October 9, 2012 at 05:35:04 pm
The Frederick County Independent Schools Consortium will host a high school fair Thursday at Friends Meeting School in ...
Gr. K-8 | 0 mi. away
Gr. PK-K | 1 mi. away
Gr. K | 1 mi. away
Gr. K-9 | 1.1 mi. away
Gr. Nursery School-PK | 1.2 mi. away
Gr. Nursery/Preschool-PK | 1.2 mi. away