Grades: NS-12 | 111 students
CTC is a State approved, non-profit, school for children with alternative learning styles resulting from relating and communicating disorders.
The school was founded in January 2004 as the first school in NJ to utilize the DIR®/Floortime model.
CTC offers a comprehensive educational program that meets the NJ core curriculum contents standards while offering a multi-disciplinary, developmental approach.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Autism Spectrum (PDD-NOS), who have Multisystem Developmental Disorder (MSDD), Regulatory Disorder, ODD, OCD, ADHD, Down’s Syndrome, expressive language delay, or mild physical disabilities|
|Total Students||111 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Katie McColligan|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After School Program After School Program,
- Celebrate the Childrenis one of the first schools to use the DIR® model to fulfill the requirements of the NJ Core Curriculum Content Standards. We are at an important time in the history of education as many people, including public school districts, are recognizing the needs for approaches for special needs children that look at overall development and target documented deficit areas such as abstract thinking, problem solving, independence, self-esteem, emotions, language, and social interactions in a natural and supportive setting.
- On-site classrooms provide a comprehensive education for our students that meet the New Jersey Core Curriculum Content Standards. These classrooms provide a supportive learning environment for students who are not yet ready to participate in their home district programs or their home districts do not yet offer a program to support their needs. The curriculum incorporates all components of the Celebrate the Children program with a heavy focus on independence, abstract thinking and social skills preparing them for less restrictive environments.
- Parent and sibling training and support include on-site DIR® and behavioral training for parents, facilitated play sessions with siblings, and support groups for both parents and siblings. The goal behind this service is to empower family members with an understanding of the student’s individual profile that will result in positive and meaningful relationships.
- Research projects currently underway: ‘The Efficacy of DIR® Programs in Educational Settings’.
- Developmental Individual Relationship-based Intervention/Floortime™ Model has over 30 years of worldwide success founded by Drs. Greenspan and Wieder. Visit www.profectum.org for more information and training on the DIR® approach.
Profile last updated: 01/24/2014
- School Location Miles Grades Students
WhartonGrades: PK-8 | 146 students
Wharton, NJ 07885
Mine HillGrades: K | 18 students
271 Us Highway 46
Mine Hill, NJ 07803
146 Dover Chester Road
Randolph, NJ 07869
RandolphGrades: K | 79 students
470 Millbrook Ave
Randolph, NJ 07869
RockawayGrades: NS-K | 97 students
295 Route 46 West
Rockaway, NJ 07866
Rental Market Monitor
September 20, 2015
September 07, 2015
August 30, 2015