|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western States Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 8 - 12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Accomodations for Mild to Moderate Learning Differences|
|Total Students||111 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||20%
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||35%|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Number of AP Courses||3 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Spanish, AP Literature and Composition, Honors American Literature, Honors Biology,|
|Average SAT score||1187|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 13 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$30,475|
|% on Financial Aid||20%|
|Admissions Director||Laurel Evans|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Dance, Mountain Biking, Soccer, SoftballBaseball, Basketball,
Dance, Mountain Biking,
Our mission is to provide a college preparatory education to empower each student to reach his or her full potential as a successful, confident, self-reliant individual, including those smart, creative students with learning differences.
Orinda Academy is a co-ed independent school for students in grades 8 to 12 in Orinda, California in the San Francisco East Bay.
- We offer a college prep curriculum committed to providing students with academic growth, ambitious and advanced classes in the arts, competitive interscholastic athletics and a rich technological curriculum.
- We develop students’ critical thinking skills, ethical values, an appreciation for culture, a healthy lifestyle, and a sense of social responsibility.
- We bring together a diverse student body with a multitude of talents and abilities and develop their love of learning and an appreciation for the opportunities in our multi-cultural world.
- We foster connection, collaboration and communication between parents, students and teachers to achieve a successful academic experience.
- We update parents every two weeks with progress reports and hold parent conferences three times per year.
- Student support includes collaboration with outside tutors, therapists and specialists to ensure student success.
Profile last updated: 07/20/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Orinda10 Irwin Way
Orinda, CA 94563
(925)254-0199Alternative School0.3 mi | Gr. 9-12 | 34 students
Lafayette1000 Upper Happy Valley Rd
Lafayette, CA 94549
(925)283-2101(Non-sectarian)2 mi | Gr. 9-12 | 285 students
Lafayette955 Risa Road
Lafayette, CA 94549
(925)284-8288(Jewish)2.7 mi | Gr. K-8 | 160 students
Oakland1 Hiller Dr
Oakland, CA 94618
(510)843-25123.4 mi | Gr. KG-12 | 643 students
Moraga350 Rheem Blvd
Moraga, CA 94556
(925)377-0789Special Education School3.4 mi | Gr. 8-12 | 55 students