|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western States Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6 - 12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Accomodations for Mild to Moderate Learning Differences|
|Total Students||111 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||20% (CA School Avg.: 41%)|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||35%|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Number of AP Courses||3 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Spanish, AP Literature and Composition, Honors American Literature, Honors Biology,|
|Average SAT score||1187|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 13 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$30,475|
|% on Financial Aid||20%|
|Admissions Director||Laurel Evans|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Dance, Mountain Biking, Soccer, SoftballBaseball, Basketball,
Dance, Mountain Biking,
Our mission is to provide a college preparatory education to
empower each student to reach his or her full potential as a
successful, confident, self-reliant individual, including those
smart, creative students with learning differences. Orinda Academy
is a co-ed independent school for students in grades 6 to 12 in
Orinda, California in the San Francisco East Bay.
- We offer a college prep curriculum committed to providing students with academic growth, ambitious and advanced classes in the arts, competitive interscholastic athletics and a rich technological curriculum.
- We develop students’ critical thinking skills, ethical values, an appreciation for culture, a healthy lifestyle, and a sense of social responsibility.
- We bring together a diverse student body with a multitude of talents and abilities and develop their love of learning and an appreciation for the opportunities in our multi-cultural world.
- We foster connection, collaboration and communication between parents, students and teachers to achieve a successful academic experience.
- We update parents every two weeks with progress reports and hold parent conferences three times per year.
- Student support includes collaboration with outside tutors, therapists and specialists to ensure student success.
Profile last updated: 09/04/2012
Orinda Holden High School
Alternative School0.3 mi | 29 students | Gr. 9-12
Lafayette Bentley Upper
Lafayette Contra Costa Jewish Day School
Special Program Emphasis (Jewish)2.7 mi | 162 students | Gr. PK-8
Oakland Bentley School
Moraga Orion Academy
Special Education School3.4 mi | 64 students | Gr. 9-12