|School Membership(s)||Western States Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6 - 12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Accomodations for Mild to Moderate Learning Differences|
|Total Students||111 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||20% (CA School Avg.: 40%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||35%|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Number of AP Courses||3 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|AP Spanish||AP Literature and Composition|
|Honors American Literature||Honors Biology|
|Average SAT score||1187|
|Classroom dress code||Casual|
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 13 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$30,475|
|% on Financial Aid||20%|
|Admissions Director||Laurel Evans|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
Our mission is to provide a college preparatory education to
empower each student to reach his or her full potential as a
successful, confident, self-reliant individual, including those
smart, creative students with learning differences. Orinda Academy
is a co-ed independent school for students in grades 6 to 12 in
Orinda, California in the San Francisco East Bay.
- We offer a college prep curriculum committed to providing students with academic growth, ambitious and advanced classes in the arts, competitive interscholastic athletics and a rich technological curriculum.
- We develop students’ critical thinking skills, ethical values, an appreciation for culture, a healthy lifestyle, and a sense of social responsibility.
- We bring together a diverse student body with a multitude of talents and abilities and develop their love of learning and an appreciation for the opportunities in our multi-cultural world.
- We foster connection, collaboration and communication between parents, students and teachers to achieve a successful academic experience.
- We update parents every two weeks with progress reports and hold parent conferences three times per year.
- Student support includes collaboration with outside tutors, therapists and specialists to ensure student success.
Profile last updated: 09/04/2012
Related School Videos:
Orinda Academy Orinda, CA
2 months ago
Orinda Academy @ Angel Island
1 year ago.
Facebook School Page:
Related School News:
- Ron Graydon, Founder and Head of Orinda Academy, Featured in Diablo ... - Virtual-Strategy Magazine (press release)
posted on January 28, 2013 at 08:23:01 pm
Ron Graydon, Founder and Head of Orinda Academy, Featured in Diablo ...Virtual-Strategy Magazine (press release)Ron Graydon talks with Diablo magazine about how Orinda Academy's ...
- Martin Luther King Jr.: Teens on making his dream a reality - San Jose Mercury News
posted on January 16, 2013 at 11:29:41 pm
Martin Luther King Jr.: Teens on making his dream a realitySan Jose Mercury NewsAlexa Barger, Orinda Academy. There's something about Martin Luther King Day that always ...
- Scholastic Honors, Lamorinda Sun, May 13
posted on May 17, 2011 at 05:45:39 pm
Ninth grader Ying Yu Ren has been awarded the A ...
Gr. 6-12 | 0 mi. away
Gr. 9-12 | 0.3 mi. away
Gr. 9-12 | 1.9 mi. away
Gr. PK-8 | 2.7 mi. away
Gr. K-12 | 3.4 mi. away
Gr. 9-12 | 3.4 mi. away