Location: 985 East 10600 South, SandyOffering classes for Pre-K (2 1/2 up), Kindergarten (Progressive & Full Day Options)Hilltop Christian School is accredited by the NAEYC, the nation’s premier organization for early childhood professionals. Hilltop Christian School believes in a solid grounding in academics, and in teaching children to be creative problem solvers. Children are taught values, like honesty, kindness and patience, so they will develop morality and integrity. The mission is to provide a vibrant, family community and an environment that empowers children to be active and unique members of their classroom. For more information about the program, or to schedule a tour of Hilltop Christian School, please contact the Director, Lynette Irwin, at 801-576-1390.
Hilltop Christian School
|School Membership(s)||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Religious Affiliation||Christian (no specific denomination)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten - Kindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||71 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||5% (UT School Avg.: 18%)|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Matriculation Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom dress code||Casual|
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition rates vary depending on days of week and grade. Please see website for all tuition rates.|
|% on Financial Aid||3%|
At Hilltop Christian School, our approach centers on personal, interactive instruction by experienced teachers who see each child as an individual. Children are encouraged to learn by exploring the world around them, and to communicate and express themselves clearly and confidently.
We believe in a solid grounding in academics, and in teaching children to be creative problem solvers. We believe in teaching children values, like honesty, kindness and patience, so they will develop morality and integrity.
We believe in the role of the parent in education, and we have a strong community of parents who share an active commitment to helping their children learn.
We are a Christian-based school, but we are non-denominational. We have a diverse student body and we believe in respect and tolerance for all people.
At Hilltop Christian School, we don't teach classes, we teach children.
Profile last updated: 01/07/2013
Facebook School Page:
Gr. PK-K | 0 mi. away
Gr. PK-8 | 0.1 mi. away
Gr. K | 1.1 mi. away
Gr. PK-3 | 1.4 mi. away
Gr. 8-12 | 1.5 mi. away
Gr. PK-8 | 1.5 mi. away
- January 31,2013 - Great school with a welcoming, friendly and well trained staff. The school is NAEYC accredited and the children have such fun while they are learning. The Kindergarten program is excellent with P.E. ,Spanish and music taught by specialist teachers.*-Posted by Parent *
- January 31,2013 - Fantastic school with a great community. The teachers are all wonderfully creative and caring, class sizes are small for that one to one interaction. Extra hours include lunch buddies, enrichment classes & Spanish classes.*-Posted by Parent *
- January 31,2013 - We are in our third year at Hilltop and couldn''t be happier. The class sizes are small. The teachers are wonderful and creative, and the parents are involved in the school community. Our oldest will be out of kindergarten this year, our youngest will start at Hilltop next year.*-Posted by Parent *
- January 19,2012 - Hilltop has been a wonderful school for my daughters. They are learning much in terms of academics as well as socialization and are having fun at the same time!*-Posted by Parent *
- January 19,2012 - My daughter is doing great at this school. She loves the play approach to learning ang and is really thriving. I would highly reccommend it to anyone in the south salt lake valley!*-Posted by Parent *
- January 19,2012 - We are in our second year at Hilltop and we LOVE it. We started out last year in the 2 day a week program and were so pleased that we moved to the 3 day a week program this year. My son is so excited to go to school and is far ahead of his friends who attend different pre-schools.*-Posted by Parent *
- January 19,2012 - We have been involved with Hilltop for the last 6 years through our children. The school has a very welcoming atmosphere and a lovely active buzz. The curriculum is at a very high standard being NAEYC accredited and the teachers are well qualified.Parents are encouraged to be part of the school and their children's school lives. Our children have thrived here.*-Posted by Parent *
- January 19,2012 - Great community here at Hilltop. As first graders, the class size is small so his learning is completely tailored to his level. My kids have done great there and we will be sending our last child there without a doubt. We LOVE this place.*-Posted by Parent *
- January 05,2012 - GREAT SCHOOL!!! This is our first year at Hilltop and my son loves it!! We like the small classes and hands on learning. It is wonderful to see such involvement & support from parents. We will continue going to Hilltop!*-Posted by Parent *