|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA)
|Grades Offered||Grades 2 - 8|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/Language-based|
|Total Students||149 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||7% (MA School Avg.: 21%)|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$48,200|
|Admissions Director||Carolyn Orsini Nelson|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and FieldBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Soccer,
Track and Field
- Founded in 1971, Landmark School is a coeducational boarding and day school with elementary, middle, and college preparatory high school programs for students with language-based learning disabilities (LBLD).
- Our students are emotionally healthy, motivated to learn and possess average to superior intelligence.
- With a teacher/student ratio of 1:3, Landmark emphasizes daily one-to-one tutorials and an individualized approach to teaching. We focus on skill acquisition and achievement and 92% of Landmark graduates go on to college.
- Students enjoy competitive athletics, performing arts, visual and practical arts, technology electives, clubs and community service.
- The Residential Life Program offers a structured, supportive living and learning environment.
- Summer programs for students in grades 1-12 combine academic skill development with recreational and hands-on activities.
- Landmark is located on two campuses along Boston's beautiful North Shore.
- Landmark is a pioneer in the field of LBLD.
- Landmark's mission includes an extensive Outreach Program of Professional Development courses, workshops and publications for educators, administrators, clinicians and parents.
Profile last updated: 04/10/2013
Manchester Landmark Elementary Middle School
Special Education School0 mi | 145 students | Gr. 2-8
Manchester Tara Montessori School
Montessori School1 mi | 85 students | Gr. PK-K
Manchester Brookwood School
Beverly Glen Urquhart School
Beverly Cape Ann Waldorf School
Special Program Emphasis2.4 mi | 138 students | Gr. K-9