Grades: 9 - 12 | 26 students
Founded in 1944, Fenster School is a coeducational, college preparatory, boarding and day school enrolling students in grades 9-PG from across the country and around the world.
We educate students in a healthy, safe, and structured environment where intellectual, social, and emotional learning are equally valued and each individual can realize their potential, grow in self-confidence, and develop an active sense of responsibility in preparation for college and life.
Through small classes, an intentionally designed daily schedule, and encouraging adult mentors, Fenster offers a structured learning environment that promotes student success.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9 - 12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild ADD/ADHD/Executive Functioning|
|Total Students||26 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||38%
State avg.: 36%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||78%|
|Average Class Size||4 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Web Design, Anatomy and Physiology, College Courses through Pima Communinty College|
|Average SAT score||1012|
|Average ACT score||21|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Neat and clean)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$36,250|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Gary Bonhard|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Climbing Wall, Ecology Club, Fun with Words and Games Club, Hiking, Horseback Riding, Live Music Club, Mountain Biking, Movie and Book Club, Political Science Club, Ropes Course, Student Newspaper, Swimming, Tour Guides Art Club, Climbing Wall, Ecology Club, Hiking, Ropes Course, Swimming, Tour Guides, Fun with Words and Games Club,
Live Music Club,
Movie and Book Club,
Political Science Club,
- Our entire program, including behavioral expectations, is based on the five essential core values of integrity, respect, responsibility, compassion, and health and safety. These values are integrated into every aspect of our school culture and are reinforced each day beginning with morning meeting, a community gathering.
- In addition, our daily schedule is intentionally designed and deliberately structured to meet the needs of a diversity of learning styles, while also attending to the social and emotional, as well as the physical, growth of our students as they prepare for college and life.
- We believe that: each student learns differently and a range of learning styles is both appreciated and enriching; adolescent growth occurs best in a small and supportive community with caring adult mentors who provide both challenge and encouragement; responsibility is achieved when each member of the school community contributes to the common good and is an effective participant in community decisions; and a diverse community where differences are recognized, understood, and respected is of value.
- Located north of Tucson, the campus is nestled in the foothills of the Santa Catalina Mountains and surrounded by the beauty of the Sonoran Desert.
- Fenster is a close-knit community fostering cooperation, communication, and collaboration. Student voices in decision-making are encouraged and valued. By engaging actively in our community, our students not only become responsible individuals, but also strong leaders.
- Fenster enrolls students throughout the school year, assuming academic needs can be met, and students are accepted for the senior and/or PG year.
- Juniors and seniors may earn college credit while attending Fenster.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
TucsonGrades: PK-KG | 79 students
3738 N Old Sabino Canyon Rd
Tucson, AZ 85750
TucsonGrades: PK-KG | 62 students
8625 E Tanque Verde Rd
Tucson, AZ 85749
TucsonGrades: K-8 | 184 students
9415 E. Wrightstown
Tucson, AZ 85715
TucsonGrades: K-8 | 120 students
9209 East Wrightstown Road
Tucson, AZ 85715
TucsonGrades: 7-12 | 10 students
1670 N Kolb Rd # 148
Tucson, AZ 85715
Rental Market Monitor
August 30, 2015
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
August 09, 2015
Voucher programs have gained a lot of traction since 1989 when the first voucher program appeared in Milwaukee. We look at how things are playing out in 2015.
July 12, 2015
Many parents tend to dismiss the idea of sending their children to private school without exploring it in depth. We explore this and several more related subjects.