Rancho Solano Preparatory School is a leading private school in Arizona committed to educating, empowering, and inspiring students from early childhood through 12th grade. As the only private school in the greater Phoenix area to receive IB authorization, our teaching approach is focused on cultivating excellence in core competencies and developing critical thinking, complex problem-solving, and high-order reasoning skills. Our inspiring educators spark student achievement through interactive, discussion-based instructional techniques in small groups and individualized personal learning opportunities.
RSPS focuses on character development and cultivating the values of respect, responsibility, and success. Our vibrant learning community supports both academic and social development to build confident students who are well prepared to take their place as civic-minded leaders. As part of the International Meritas Family of Schools, Rancho Solano Preparatory School provides students with the opportunity to learn and interact with students from around the world through a variety of academic and social programs and events.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Independent Private Schools Association
North Central Accreditation
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten - 8|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Sarah Baker|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance,
Flag Football, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Dance, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Community Service, Student Government, Various afterschool clubs and sports Community Service,
Various afterschool clubs and sports,
Set foot on any Rancho Solano campus and you will instantly feel
excitement for learning and a sense of community. Our students are
eager and focused; our teachers are passionate about instruction.
Student potential is unlocked. This is what
makes Rancho Solano special:
- We are committed to the development of the whole child. Each student receives a tailored Personal Learning Plan. Our challenging academic programs encourage students to stretch and grow while providing the support children need.
- Students are engaged and motivated as they participate in advanced academics, fine and performing arts, athletics, extracurricular activities and service learning opportunities.
- Our staff creates an environment of respect, integrity, and accountability. They encourage questions, reward curiosity, and promote the free exchange of ideas.
- New students are greeted with warmth and appreciation. With students from more than 10 countries, we celebrate diverse cultures and beliefs and promote cross-cultural friendships.
- We belong to the Meritas International Family of Schools, which benefits both students and faculty. Meritas brings us best practices in education, travel opportunities, and collaboration with the finest preparatory schools in the world.
Profile last updated: 08/06/2013
Peoria Tutor Time Cc Learning Center
Early Childhood / Day Cares0.7 mi | 41 students | Gr. PK-K
Glendale Joy Christian School
(Other Lutheran)0.7 mi | 830 students | Gr. NS-12
Peoria Primrose School Of Fletcher Heights
Early Childhood / Day Cares1.1 mi | 160 students | Gr. K
Peoria Fletcher Heights KinderCare
Early Childhood / Day Cares1.3 mi | 47 students | Gr. NS-PK
Glendale Arrowhead KinderCare
Early Childhood / Day Cares1.8 mi | 15 students | Gr. NS-PK
- December 11, 2012 - I sent my duaghter here for PK3. We had to move out of state at the end of the school year or we would still be there. The teachers are awesome and very caring. The curriculum is fantastic. I do not have a single complaint about this school. Well, maybe the cost. But trust me it is worth it. :) - Posted by Parent
- October 06, 2012 - We have been there for eight years and are thrilled about the way our son has developed. The academics and extracurricular activities are exceptional. The faculty and staff is responsive to the needs of students and parents. - Posted by Parent