Ready For The World
Rancho Solano Preparatory School is a leading private school in Arizona offering early childhood learning though high school. Our teaching approach is focused on cultivating excellence in core competencies and developing critical thinking, complex problem-solving, and high-order reasoning skills. Our inspiring educators spark student achievement through interactive, discussion-based instructional techniques in small groups and individualized personal learning opportunities.
Rancho Solano's vibrant learning community supports both academic and social development to build confident students who are well prepared to take their place as civic-minded leaders.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Independent Private Schools Association
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool - 12|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||120 teachers|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Mara Taylor|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Flag Football,
Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Flag Football, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Student Council, Various Afterschool Athletic Clubs Student Council,
Various Afterschool Athletic Clubs,
Set foot on any Rancho Solano campus and you will instantly feel
excitement for learning and a sense of community. Our students are
eager and focused; our teachers are passionate about instruction.
Student potential is unlocked. This is what
makes Rancho Solano special:
- We are committed to the development of the whole child. Each student receives a tailored Personal Learning Plan. Our challenging academic programs encourage students to stretch and grow while providing the support children need.
- Students are engaged and motivated as they participate in advanced academics, fine and performing arts, athletics, extracurricular activities and service learning opportunities.
- Teachers and staff creates an environment of respect, integrity, and accountability. They encourage questions, reward curiosity, and promote the free exchange of ideas.
- Our International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme positions students for success at the university level and beyond. The IB Diploma Programme is recognized worldwide for its academic rigor.
- Our campus is home to exchange students from around the world and local students of different backgrounds, nationalities and interests. The ideals of global-mindedness and respect for cultural and social diversity are at the core of both the IB philosophy and Rancho Solano’s long commitment to developing global citizens.
- We belong to the Meritas International Family of Schools, which benefits both students and faculty. Meritas brings us best practices in education, travel opportunities, and collaboration with the finest preparatory schools in the world.
Profile last updated: 01/14/2014
Scottsdale Great Beginnings Montessori
Montessori School0.9 mi | 31 students | Gr. NS-K
Scottsdale International School of Arizona
Special Program Emphasis1.3 mi | 215 students | Gr. NS-5 3 Reviews
Scottsdale Scottsdale Mandarin Chinese Learning Center, inc.
Special Program Emphasis1.4 mi | 22 students | Gr. PK-1
Scottsdale St. Maria Goretti Preschool
Early Childhood / Day Cares (Roman Catholic)1.8 mi | 73 students | Gr. PK-K
Scottsdale Brightmont Academy