Grades: 6 - 12
Ready For The World Rancho Solano Preparatory School, a member of the Meritas family of schools, is a PK-12 international learning community for high achieving students. Since 1954, Rancho Solano's small class sizes, highly trained and passionate teachers, personalized academic curricula and wide range of course offerings at all levels have helped students develop the character and competitive edge they need to excel in college and beyond.
Our stimulating educational environment is strengthened through its diverse and vibrant student community, specialized academic and enrichment programs, and state-of-the-art facilities and technology.
We cultivate in our students the ingenuity to thrive in a global society and to be architects of their future.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Independent Private Schools Association
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6 - 12|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||120 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||63%|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Mara Taylor|
|Admissions Associate||Michelle Bell|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Flag Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Dance, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Computer Programming, Drama, Entrepreneurial, Honors Choir, Jazz Band, Key Club, Math, National Art Honor Society, National Honor Society, Pep Band, Pre-Med, Science Fair, String Quartet, Student Council, Various Afterschool Athletic Clubs Drama, Honors Choir, Jazz Band, Key Club, Math, Pep Band, Pre-Med, Science Fair, String Quartet, Computer Programming,
National Art Honor Society,
National Honor Society,
Various Afterschool Athletic Clubs,
Set foot on any Rancho Solano campus and you will instantly feel excitement for learning and a sense of community. Our students are eager and focused; our teachers are passionate about instruction. Student potential is unlocked.
This is what makes Rancho Solano special:
- We are committed to the development of the whole child. Each student receives a tailored Personal Learning Plan. Our challenging academic programs encourage students to stretch and grow while providing the support children need.
- Students are engaged and motivated as they participate in advanced academics, fine and performing arts, athletics, extracurricular activities and service learning opportunities.
- Teachers and staff creates an environment of respect, integrity, and accountability. They encourage questions, reward curiosity, and promote the free exchange of ideas.
- Our International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme positions students for success at the university level and beyond. The IB Diploma Programme is recognized worldwide for its academic rigor.
- Our campus is home to exchange students from around the world and local students of different backgrounds, nationalities and interests. The ideals of global-mindedness and respect for cultural and social diversity are at the core of both the IB philosophy and Rancho Solano’s long commitment to developing global citizens.
- We belong to the Meritas International Family of Schools, which benefits both students and faculty. Meritas brings us best practices in education, travel opportunities, and collaboration with the finest preparatory schools in the world.
Profile last updated: 04/20/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ScottsdaleGrades: NS-K | 25 students
7300 Via Paseo Del Sur
Scottsdale, AZ 85258
ScottsdaleGrades: NS-7 | 215 students
9128 E. San Salvador Dr.
Scottsdale, AZ 85258
ScottsdaleGrades: PK-K | 73 students
6261 N. Granite Reef Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85250
10850 N 90th St
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
ScottsdaleGrades: PK-8 | 510 students
9590 E Shea Blvd
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
Rental Market Monitor
August 30, 2015
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
August 09, 2015
Voucher programs have gained a lot of traction since 1989 when the first voucher program appeared in Milwaukee. We look at how things are playing out in 2015.
July 12, 2015
Many parents tend to dismiss the idea of sending their children to private school without exploring it in depth. We explore this and several more related subjects.