|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Accelerated Christian Education (ACE) or (School of Tomorrow)
Other religious school association(s)
Friends Council on Education (FCE)
|Religious Affiliation||Christian (no specific denomination)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 3 - 12|
|Total Students||17 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||20% (FL School Avg.: 33%)|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||50%|
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(School Shirts, Kaki or black pants, shorts or skirts required)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||McKay and Florida Tax Credit Scholarships accepted.|
|% on Financial Aid||50%|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
|Admissions Director||David Borst|
|Admissions Associate||Meg Sesco|
- Christian Prep is compliant with all requirements of the Florida Department of Education and is authorized to accept both the John McKay and Florida Tax Credit Scholarships. The requirements for enrollment of students with these scholarships are as follows:
- Students with a McKay Scholarship must be enrolled 30 days prior to the first day of September, November, February or April of the school year.
- Parents of students registering to use the McKay Scholarship for the first time must file a letter of intent with the Office of Independent Education and Parental Choice (http://www.floridaschoolchoice.org) no less than 60 days prior to enrollment.
- Students registered in a Florida Public School who have an Individual Education Plan (IEP) are automatically qualified for the John McKay Scholarship.
- Students attending a Florida Public school and living in low income households may apply for the Florida Tax Credit Scholarship (http://www.stepupforstudents.org) at any time, but must remain in public school until their scholarship has been approved.
- Students receiving free lunches in a Florida Public School qualify for the Florida Tax Credit Scholarship.
Merritt Island Brevard Private Academy
Special Program Emphasis0.3 mi | 110 students | Gr. 7-12 4 Reviews
Merritt Island Christian Home School Coop
(Christian)0.4 mi | 145 students | Gr. PK-12
Merritt Island Merritt Island Christian School
(Christian)0.4 mi | 558 students | Gr. PK-12
Merritt Island KLD Learning Center
Special Program Emphasis0.8 mi | 85 students | Gr. K-12
Cocoa St. Mark's Episcopal Academy
(Episcopal)1.8 mi | 122 students | Gr. PK-6