|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 10 - 11|
|Total Students||60 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||88%|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||1 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Environmental Science|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$200|
|Tuition Notes||Full Scholarships for all students! Accepted students pay $200 enrollment fee.|
|Admissions Director||Phil Delong|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Environmental Sustainability, Outdoor Activities Environmental Sustainability,
- Conserve School is a non-sectarian semester school aimed at students who feel a strong attachment to the natural world and who are motivated to conserve it. This semester-long immersion in environmental studies and outdoor activities deepens students' love of nature, reinforces their commitment to conservation, and equips them to take meaningful action as environmental stewards.
- The program interweaves college-preparatory academics with: the study of environmental history, nature literature, and the science of conservation, environmental service work, exploration of careers related to conservation, training in teamwork and leadership, and engagement with the outdoors.
- Designed primarily for high school juniors, Conserve School incorporates the flexibility to accommodate advanced sophomores.
- Conserve School students become part of a community that heightens their sense of identity and self-worth and imparts the confidence they need to go forward and make a difference, not only as stewards of the environment, but also as stewards of their own destinies.
- Conserve School is accredited by the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA CASI), an accrediation division of AdvancED.
- Conserve School is a 2014 U.S. Department of Education Green Ribbon Schools Awardee
Profile last updated: 04/26/2014
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Eagle River201 North 3rd St.
Eagle River, WI 54521
(715)479-8284(Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod)17.3 mi | Gr. PK-8 | 48 students
Minocqua8781 Brunswick Rd
Minocqua, WI 54548
(715)356-2255(Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod)25.5 mi | Gr. PK-8 | 54 students
Iron River107 N 5th Avenue
Iron River, MI 49935
(906)265-5034(Assembly of God)33 mi | Gr. 1-12 | 9 students
Rhinelander123 E Monico St
Rhinelander, WI 54501
(715)369-2098(Seventh-Day Adventist)35.5 mi | Gr. KG-7 | 12 students
Rhinelander26 W Frederick St
Rhinelander, WI 54501
(715)365-6300(Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod)36.3 mi | Gr. PK-8 | 99 students