Grades: 1 - 12 | 87 students
Students are provided direct instruction to assist them in developing the core skills to become effective and efficient readers.
Bridges Academy provides specialized instruction to students diagnosed with learning disabilities in grades 1-12.
Students participate in remedial learning activities selected to assist them in overcoming their learning deficits in reading, math and written language.
Bridges Academy is Accredited by the Florida of Independent Schools and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council for Exceptional Children
Other associations(s) for exceptional children
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA)
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 1 - 12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, Language -based learning disabilities|
|Total Students||87 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||10%
State avg.: 35%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||5%|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,500|
|Tuition Notes||We accept the John McKay Scholarship. Information on this scholarship for Florida residents can be found at http://www.floridaschoolchoice.org/Information/McKay/|
|Admissions Director||Jacqueline Egli, M.S.|
|Admissions Associate||Carla Brandt, M.S.|
- Students diagnosed with learning disabilities, such as dyslexia, auditory processing disorders, mild speech and language impairments and related academic learning disabilities benefit greatly from specially selected and designed curriculum options that will allow them to become successful learners. Individualized learning plans are developed from each student based on academic and intellectual assessments.
- Students are instructed in learning groups, on average of 5 to 1
- Intensive remedial instructional programs such as Wilson Reading Systems, Fast ForWord, Neurological Impress Method Reading Instruction are provided as a component of the students core instruction at no additional expense to the family.
- The John McKay Scholarship Program is Accepted
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Winter SpringsGrades: K-12 | 54 students
1010 SPRING VILLAS PT
Winter Springs, FL 32708
CasselberryGrades: 1-12 | 38 students
3955 Red Bug Lake Rd
Casselberry, FL 32707
848 Executive Dr
Oviedo, FL 32765
OviedoGrades: PK-12 | 893 students
1500 Lukas Lane
Oviedo, FL 32765
OviedoGrades: PK-8 | 219 students
1625 Montessori Pt
Oviedo, FL 32765
Rental Market Monitor
August 09, 2015
Voucher programs have gained a lot of traction since 1989 when the first voucher program appeared in Milwaukee. We look at how things are playing out in 2015.
July 12, 2015
Many parents tend to dismiss the idea of sending their children to private school without exploring it in depth. We explore this and several more related subjects.
June 28, 2015
When it comes to choosing a private school, there are so many choices to consider that the project can be a huge challenge to most of us. We offer some help and advice to help you get started.