|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||European Council for International Schools
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool - 8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||260 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||51 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$35,650|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition cost is for the 2011/2012 school year.|
|Admissions Director||Kristin Geiger|
|Admissions Associate||Christina Gerhard|
- The British International School of New York (BIS-NY) was established in 2006 on Waterside Plaza, an upscale development on the banks of the East River.
- Facilities include an on-site swimming pool, secured playground, gym hall and Smart Boards in every classroom. French or Spanish is taught from Nursery all the way through the school with other languages available starting in 6th Grade.
- Individual music lessons are offered in addition to the class lessons, and a Summer Camp is run through the months of June to August.
- The co-ed student body is a mixture of British ex-patriots, American nationals and students from countries spanning the rest of the globe.
- The school teaches a mix of the English National Curriculum blended with the methodology of the International Baccalaureate. This combination is unique in New York City and deemed to offer a strong mix of academic rigour and transdiciplinary learning all within an intimate and nurturing environment.
- Graduates from The British International School of New York have taken up places at distinguished schools both locally and abroad. Please refer to our website for more information regarding onward placement.
- BIS-NY is the sister school of the Abercorn School in London, England and the Abercorn International School in Austin, Texas.
- School Location Miles Students Grades
New York United Nations International School
2450 Fdr Dr
New York , NY , 10010
New YorkChurchill School & Center
301 3 29
New York , NY , 10016
(212)722-0610Special Education School0.4 mi | 329 students | Gr. K-12
New YorkEpiphany Elementary School
234 East 22nd Street
New York , NY , 10010
(212)473-4128(Roman Catholic)0.5 mi | 563 students | Gr. NS-8
New YorkImmaculate Conception School
419 E 13th St
New York , NY , 10009
(212)475-2590(Roman Catholic)0.6 mi | 248 students | Gr. K-9
New YorkFriends Seminary
222 E 16th St
New York , NY , 10003
(212)979-5035(Friends)0.7 mi | 702 students | Gr. K-12