|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)||National Independent Private Schools Association
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten - 8|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||See website for tuition details. We ask for NO additional donations.|
|Admissions Director||Marian White|
- Picture yourself for a moment as your child's teacher, is there one lesson plan, especially in the critical lower elementary grades that is going to be right for every child. Not too hard, not too easy, and paced just right. Of course not, you need multiple lesson plans to challenge all the children in the class. Most classes have 3 levels of instruction; some have up to 6 distinct lesson plans spanning several grade levels of instruction.
- Classes are grouped by children of the same age for a well-rounded and balanced social, emotional and educational experience.
- Nysmith does not believe in a lot of rote memorization.
- Nysmith does not believe in a lot of repetition in the classroom
- Nysmith does not believe in a lot of homework
- Children learn best by hands on exploration
- Our curriculum is designed to be entertaining, interactive as well as educational. If it is fun, the children will learn.
- Teaching emphasizes academic skills, analytical problem solving, communication and social skills.
- Students are encouraged to solve problems in different ways to develop their imagination and creativity.
- Nysmith groups students by age but lets them roam over 3-4 years of grade level in curriculum based on their abilities.
- Small classes with an average student/teacher ratio of 9:1 and 2 teachers per class help students get the most out of specialized curriculums.
- Nysmith is able to accelerate curriculum to meet the needs of your child.
Profile last updated: 05/02/2013
Related School Videos:
The Nysmith School: NJHS Induction Ceremony
0 months ago
Related School News:
- Nysmith, Carson Middle Finish in the Top 3 in Northern Virginia Regional ... - Patch.com
posted on February 8, 2013 at 06:07:59 am
Nysmith, Carson Middle Finish in the Top 3 in Northern Virginia Regional ...Patch.comTwo Herndon area schools took two of the top three spots at this year's ...
- Nysmith Student Wins 1st Place in the Fairfax County, VA Spelling Bee
posted on March 22, 2011 at 12:00:00 am
6th grade student <b>Shruti A. won 1st Place in the Fairfax County Spelling Bee</b> this weekend (March 20, ...
- Student recognized for conservation efforts
posted on June 15, 2010 at 05:43:55 pm
Satvika Kumar, a sixth-grader at Nysmith School for the Gifted in Herndon, on ...
Gr. PK-8 | 0 mi. away
Gr. Nursery School-PK | 0.3 mi. away
Gr. K-8 | 1.2 mi. away
Gr. K | 1.3 mi. away
Gr. Nursery School-PK | 1.5 mi. away
Gr. Nursery/Preschool-2 | 1.6 mi. away