|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Independent Private Schools Association
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten - 8|
|Total Students||599 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||68 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Khaki pants, solid color collared shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||See website for tuition details. We ask for NO additional donations.|
|% on Financial Aid||20%|
|Admissions Director||Marian White|
- Picture yourself for a moment as your child's teacher, is there one lesson plan, especially in the critical lower elementary grades that is going to be right for every child. Not too hard, not too easy, and paced just right. Of course not, you need multiple lesson plans to challenge all the children in the class. Most classes have 3 levels of instruction; some have up to 6 distinct lesson plans spanning several grade levels of instruction.
- Classes are grouped by children of the same age for a well-rounded and balanced social, emotional and educational experience.
- Nysmith does not believe in a lot of rote memorization.
- Nysmith does not believe in a lot of repetition in the classroom
- Nysmith does not believe in a lot of homework
- Children learn best by hands on exploration
- Our curriculum is designed to be entertaining, interactive as well as educational. If it is fun, the children will learn.
- Teaching emphasizes academic skills, analytical problem solving, communication and social skills.
- Students are encouraged to solve problems in different ways to develop their imagination and creativity.
- Nysmith groups students by age but lets them roam over 3-4 years of grade level in curriculum based on their abilities.
- Small classes with an average student/teacher ratio of 9:1 and 2 teachers per class help students get the most out of specialized curriculums.
- Nysmith is able to accelerate curriculum to meet the needs of your child.
Profile last updated: 09/12/2013
Chantilly St. Veronica Catholic School
(Roman Catholic)1.2 mi | 332 students | Gr. K-8
Chantilly Montessori School Of Fairfax
Montessori School1.3 mi | 84 students | Gr. K
Herndon Mt. Pleasant Baptist Church Christian Academy
(Baptist)1.6 mi | 43 students | Gr. NS-2
Herndon Embassy School - Herndon
Alternative School2 mi | 90 students | Gr. PK-1
Herndon The Embassy School