Grades: Nursery School-PK
Beginning as young as in our infant classrooms, we strive to foster a lifelong love for reading! Our unique classrooms promote a least restrictive environment where children are encouraged to explore different toys and materials that are intentionally organized at their own level to allow for independent exploration. This includes a wide variety of books! Here, one of our babies was able to access a book and explore it at his own leisure!
Children love music and movement! Our Infant program utilizes multicultural music to introduce to our babies different types of music from around the world. Our babies are encouraged to move and groove to unique music while experimenting with different types of musical instruments. Our teachers also love soothing our babies with timeless lullabies such as â€œRock-a-Bye Babyâ€ and â€œTwinkle, Twinkle Little Star.â€
Here you can see our Discovery Preschool teacher teaching our children all about the Banjo! Miss Marilex enjoys playing the Banjo in her spare time and takes pride in incorporating this multicultural musical instrument into the childrenâ€™s classroom curriculum!
Our Discovery Preschool classrooms were learning all about the Farm! During this unit, our children were encouraged to â€œmilk a cowâ€ where they learned about where milk comes from! Our teachers utilized open-ended questions to create dialog with the children which allowed them to express what they were seeing, hearing and feeling!
Play is the brainâ€™s favorite ways to learn and we sure make learning fun! Our Preschool classrooms were â€œbaking cookies!â€ These special cookies had uppercase and lowercase letters on top of them and the children were encouraged to match the uppercase letters with the lowercase letters! What a fun way to practice literacy skills!
A good portion of our Preschool curriculum focuses on small math concepts. Here our Preschool classroom was identifying numbers while working on one to one correspondence. The children were encouraged to identify each number and utilize our â€œKelsey Countersâ€ to add the numbers up and then count the total number of â€œKelsey Counters.â€
Our Preschool curriculum includes small group activities that focus on early literacy skills. Here you can see one of our Preschool friends writing about what he wants to be when he grows up; a police officer! Starting as young as in our Toddler program, our children are encouraged to write about their thoughts and ideas which help develop their fine motor skills.
Here you can see our Preschool classrooms participating in a â€œPaleontologist Digâ€ where the children are encouraged to dig for fossils and then brush off the sand to identify what type of fossil they found. During their Dinosaur unit the children learn all about Dinosaurs and the era in which they existed.
We could not be any more proud to introduce you to our dedicated team of teachers.
All of our teachers have been hand picked based on their true passion for the age group that they teach.
It is important for us to place teachers with an age group of children that they truly love.
All of our teachers are educationally qualified as well as having years of experience working in the Early Childhood Education field.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery School-Prekindergarten|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
- Welcome to our Newington KinderCare Webpage! We are so excited for you to visit our page and become familiar with all of the wonderful opportunities we have to offer to your children. Take a moment to view our photos so you can have a sneak peak of what our center and classrooms look like. We are also excited to introduce you to all of our passionate team of teachers. All of us look forward to meeting you and your children.
- The safety of your child(ren) is our number one priority here at our center. As you enter our building you will see that the door is secured with a security keypad. Our building is fully gated in and the doors to our outside play areas are always locked once our children and classrooms return inside from their outdoor play. Your child will always be in the hands of a caregiver who is both First Aid and CPR Certified. Half hour child, name to face attendance is conducted to ensure the safety of your child(ren). Emergency evacuation procedures are practiced on a monthly basis to ensure in any event that your child is safe and secure. We hold all of our security features and plans to the highest standard to make sure that your child is fully protected in any situation.
- Hours Of Operation: 6:30 AM to 6:00 PM, M-F
- Languages Spoken: Mandarin, Spanish
- Care For Kids (can print applicable for families, but need to reach out to program for specific information) , NACCRRA
Profile last updated: 09/20/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
NewingtonGrades: PK-KG | 64 students
84 Faith Rd
Newington, CT 06111
NewingtonGrades: PK-12 | 134 students
569 Maple Hill Ave
Newington, CT 06111
New BritainGrades: K-12 | 129 students
300 John Downey Drive
New Britain, CT 06051
NewingtonGrades: PK-8 | 105 students
652 Willard Avenue
Newington, CT 06111
Rocky HillGrades: NS-PK | 80 students
303 Cromwell Ave.
Rocky Hill, CT 06067
Rental Market Monitor
October 04, 2015
This A-Z list is designed to make you aware of the many things involved in choosing the right school for your child.
September 20, 2015
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
September 07, 2015
Choosing the right school for your child is a major project. We look a five reasons why you might be looking at the wrong schools.