Score At The Top School & Learning Center
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
National Association of College Admissions Counselors
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten - 12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Full range of support for students with learning disabilities and/or ADD/ADHD|
|Total Students||49 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||15% (FL School Avg.: 34%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||1:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||30%|
|Average Class Size||1 students|
|Number of AP Courses||22 courses|
|AP Art History||AP Biology|
|AP Calculus AB & BC||AP Chemistry|
|AP Chinese||AP Economics (Macro & Micro)|
|AP English Language||AP English Literature|
|AP Environmental Science||AP European History|
|AP French||AP Government (American & Comparative)|
|AP Human Geography||AP Physics|
|AP Psychology||AP Spanish|
|AP Statistics||AP U.S. History|
|AP World History|
|Classroom dress code||Casual|
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is variable based primarily on the number of courses a student is taking and a student\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s need for LD or ADHD support services.|
|Admissions Director||Cathy Bicksler|
|Admissions Associate||Judi Robinovitz, Owner|
- Away from crowded classrooms, learners thrive in our personalized surroundings. A student discovers, analyzes, questions, and learns - all at a pace suited to her or his needs - led by our professional teaching staff in a comfortable classroom of two: student and teacher. Our success in providing 1-on-1 accredited schooling to students is achieved through flexibility as well as breadth of services and courses.
- A 1-on-1 education at Score At The Top means that your child will learn in a traditional teacher-student classroom setting with ONE MAJOR EXCEPTION: he or she will be the only student in the classroom with the teacher! Your child will have teachers who specialize in each subject; together, they will follow a schedule of daily classes designed for your child.
- CURRICULUM - Score At The Top matches the curriculum to each student's specific learning style and personal goals. Because one curriculum does not fit all students, we will recommend the best one to fulfill your educational plan. We offer courses in all subject areas across all grade levels, from kindergarten through 12th grade, and at all educational levels, from remedial and regular to honors and Advanced Placement. Our AP curriculum and teaching staff have been certified by the College Board. In addition to Score At The Top's own curriculum, we have successfully used other accredited curricula, including student's previous or next school's curriculum: Florida public school Jupiter Christian School Florida Virtual School Brigham Young University Calvert School Kaplan University Keystone University of Missouri University of Nebraska
- PRIVATE SCHOOLING WITH SCORE AT THE TOP - HOW DOES IT ALL WORK? The Director will work with you to determine your child's educational needs and then design an academic program, select the best teachers, and establish a schedule to match those unique needs. A typical full-time student takes 4-5 core academic courses and up to 2 electives each semester. The student will attend 1-on-1 classes for approximately 20 hours/week, usually Monday through Friday. Some students, however, prefer to attend school four days/week, giving them more time to pursue other activities. We also create special programs for part-time students, such as a plan that combines independent study with scheduled class time (that works well for a motivated, high-achieving student) or one in which a student takes some classes at Score At The Top and other classes in a traditional school or on their own. Some students need a teacher for core curriculum classes but only need supervision for electives. One-on-one schooling can also incorporate Florida Virtual School for some or all of the classes, with a Score At The Top teacher to successfully mentor the student through the curriculum. In this case, fewer contact hours may be needed.
- WHAT'S A TYPICAL SCHOOL DAY LIKE? The school day can start as early or as late as necessary, based on the time of day when your child learns best, and taking outside activities into consideration. Some students have a short study hall following each class, while other students attend classes consecutively with short breaks between classes in order to be released earlier in the day. Some students have one study hall every day in order to reduce homework time at home. A popular option is early release on Fridays.
- WHEN CAN MY CHILD START SCHOOL AT SCORE AT THE TOP? We register students on a rolling basis throughout the year. In fact, it's not unusual to meet with a parent one day and start the student in classes a day or two later. We recognize the importance of continuity of education and set up a schedule to get the student started as soon as possible. You can follow any school's calendar or create your own calendar. This flexibility aids us in creating a successful education plan for your child. You, the parent, collaborate with us on a calendar that meets the needs of your child and family. A student can easily transition into a private or public school after studying at Score At The Top. We can even use the same curriculum as the school in which you plan to enroll your child so that the transition is seamless.
- WHO ARE OUR TEACHERS? We are degreed experts with extensive subject knowledge and significant teaching or tutoring experience. We possess a passion for teaching coupled with a thorough understanding of our subjects, expert study skills, and effective communication skills. Teaching 1-on-1 based upon a student's unique learning style requires real expertise and we at Score At The Top have it. Because our learning community relies as much on our outgoing personalities as it does on our academic expertise, you'll find that our enthusiasm for teaching and learning is contagious. We truly engage a student in the learning process. Some of us are firm - keeping strict standards to maximize a student's performance; others are tender and nurturing - coaxing a student through difficult, sometimes anxiety-inducing work. Your child's personality and learning style will be matched with the teacher who is right for him or her. This will create the best environment for your child to excel. COME LEARN WITH US!
Profile last updated: 02/16/2012
Gr. K-12 | 0 mi. away
Gr. PK-8 | 0.4 mi. away
Gr. Nursery/Preschool-PK | 0.4 mi. away
Gr. Nursery/Preschool-PK | 0.4 mi. away
Gr. PK-8 | 0.5 mi. away
Gr. K-4 | 0.5 mi. away