|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||ASAH
Orton-Gillingham Academy of Practioners and Educators
|Grades Offered||Grades 3 - 12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Diagnosed Language-based, Dyslexia,|
|Total Students||70 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||5% (NJ School Avg.: 29%)|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||57%|
|Average Class Size||4 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$38,421|
|Admissions Director||Susan Morris|
- The Bridge Academy educates and empowers students ages 8 to 18 with learning disabilities to reach their fullest potential through a comprehensive program which is developed around each child's individual needs.
- The Orton-Gillingham approach/technique serves as the foundation of the language arts program utilizing a 3:1 student-staff ratio, while small group instruction spans across the curriculum.
- Multi-sensory teaching techniques are employed to address individual learning styles as a way of establishing a supportive and nurturing environment to foster each student's academic and social growth. We provide a curriculum that includes language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, art, music, physical education/health, computer applications, transitions, speech, counseling and occupational therapy, and the use of technology.
- Students aged 14 and older are enrolled in a Career Orientations class designed to explore school to post school activities including post secondary education, vocational training and career exploration.
- All content area curricula are aligned with the New Jersey Core Curriculum Content Standards and follow the Federal Individuals with Disabilities Education Act.
Profile last updated: 09/04/2012
Lawrence Township St. Ann Elementary School
(Roman Catholic)0.8 mi | 371 students | Gr. PK-8 1 Review
Lawrence Township Notre Dame High School
(Roman Catholic)1.5 mi | 1276 students | Gr. 9-12
Trenton Sister Georgine School
Special Education School2 mi | 10 students | Gr. 1-12
Lawrence Township Kiddie Academy Of Lawrenceville
Early Childhood / Day Cares2.1 mi | 35 students | Gr. K
Lawrence Township The Lawrenceville School