|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
National Association of College Admissions Counselors
|Grades Offered||Grades 9 - 12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild to moderate learning disabilities; ADHD|
|Total Students||48 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||5% (FL School Avg.: 33%)|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||35%|
|Average Class Size||1 students|
|Number of AP Courses||22 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Art History, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB & BC, AP Chemistry, AP Chinese, AP Economics (Macro & Micro), AP English Language, AP English Literature, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP French, AP Government (American & Comparative), AP Human Geography, AP Physics, AP Psychology, AP Spanish, AP Statistics, AP U.S. History, AP World History|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is variable, based primarily on the number of courses a student is taking and a student.|
|Admissions Director||C. LeAnn Elder|
|Admissions Associate||Judi Robinovitz, Owner|
- Away from crowded classrooms, learners thrive in our personalized surroundings. A student discovers, analyzes, questions, and learns - all at a pace suited to her or his needs - led by our professional teaching staff in a comfortable classroom of two: student and teacher. Our success in providing 1-on-1 and small group accredited schooling to students is achieved through flexibility as well as breadth of services and courses. A 1-on-1 education at Score Academy means that your child will learn in a traditional teacher-student classroom setting with ONE MAJOR EXCEPTION: he or she will be the only student in the classroom with the teacher! Your child will have teachers who specialize in each subject; together, they will follow a schedule of daily classes designed for your child.
- CURRICULUM - Score Academy matches the curriculum to each student's specific learning style and personal goals. Because one curriculum does not fit all students, we will recommend the best one to fulfill your educational plan. We offer courses in all subject areas across all grade levels, from kindergarten through 12th grade, and at all educational levels, from remedial and regular to honors and Advanced Placement. Our AP curriculum and teaching staff have been certified by the College Board. In addition to Score Academy's own curriculum, we have successfully used other accredited curricula, including student's previous or next school's curriculum: Florida public school Jupiter Christian School Florida Virtual School Brigham Young University Calvert School Kaplan University Keystone University of Missouri University of Nebraska
- PRIVATE SCHOOLING WITH SCORE ACADEMY - HOW DOES IT ALL WORK? The Director will work with you to determine your child's educational needs and then design an academic program, select the best teachers, and establish a schedule to match those unique needs. A typical full-time student takes 4-5 core academic courses and up to 2 electives each semester. The student will attend 1-on-1 or small group classes for approximately 20 hours/week, usually Monday through Friday. Some students, however, prefer to attend school four days/week, giving them more time to pursue other activities. We also create special programs for part-time students, such as a plan that combines independent study with scheduled class time (that works well for a motivated, high-achieving student) or one in which a student takes some classes at Score Academy and other classes in a traditional school or on their own. Some students need a teacher for core curriculum classes but only need supervision for electives. One-on-one schooling can also incorporate Florida Virtual School for some or all of the classes, with a Score Academy teacher to successfully mentor the student through the curriculum. In this case, fewer contact hours may be needed.
- WHAT'S A TYPICAL SCHOOL DAY LIKE? The school day can start as early or as late as necessary, based on the time of day when your child learns best, and taking outside activities into consideration. Some students have a short study hall following each class, while other students attend classes consecutively with short breaks between classes in order to be released earlier in the day. Some students have one study hall every day in order to reduce homework time at home. A popular option is early release on Fridays.
- WHEN CAN MY CHILD START SCHOOL AT SCORE ACADEMY? We register students on a rolling basis throughout the year. In fact, it's not unusual to meet with a parent one day and start the student in classes a day or two later. We recognize the importance of continuity of education and set up a schedule to get the student started as soon as possible. You can follow any school's calendar or create your own calendar. This flexibility aids us in creating a successful education plan for your child. You, the parent, collaborate with us on a calendar that meets the needs of your child and family. A student can easily transition into a private or public school after studying at Score Academy. We can even use the same curriculum as the school in which you plan to enroll your child so that the transition is seamless.
- WHO ARE OUR TEACHERS? We are degreed experts with extensive subject knowledge and significant teaching or tutoring experience. We possess a passion for teaching coupled with a thorough understanding of our subjects, expert study skills, and effective communication skills. Teaching 1-on-1 based upon a student's unique learning style requires real expertise and we at Score Academy have it. Because our learning community relies as much on our outgoing personalities as it does on our academic expertise, you'll find that our enthusiasm for teaching and learning is contagious. We truly engage a student in the learning process. Some of us are firm - keeping strict standards to maximize a student's performance; others are tender and nurturing - coaxing a student through difficult, sometimes anxiety-inducing work. Your child's personality and learning style will be matched with the teacher who is right for him or her. This will create the best environment for your child to excel.
Profile last updated: 07/31/2013
Boca Raton Childrens Learning Center
Montessori School0.9 mi | 70 students | Gr. NS-PK
Boca Raton Advent Lutheran School
(Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (formerly AELC, ALC, or LCA))0.9 mi | 252 students | Gr. PK-8
Boca Raton Broken Sound Pkwy KinderCare
Early Childhood / Day Cares1.1 mi | students | Gr. NS-PK
Boca Raton Summit Private School
Montessori School1.2 mi | 173 students | Gr. K-8
Boca Raton Garden Of The Sahaba Academy
(Islamic)1.3 mi | 139 students | Gr. K-9