Belle Meade School
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6 - 12|
|Total Students||17 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||6% (VA School Avg.: 22%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||50%|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,000|
|Admissions Director||Susan Hoffman|
- The school provides an excellent academic program that integrates sustainable living, growing food, caring for one another, and working to create harmony and balance with the land. The school is a place where young people develop self worth and learn empowerment through challenging intellectual and physical activities and where their work is valued and respected. School Objectives:
- Provide excellent academic education for grades 6 through 12.
- Guide the students in a supportive, nurturing environment.
- Integrate academic excellence and sustainable living.
- Offer mentoring and shared responsibility by adults and students working together.
- Foster development of self worth through successful experiences in the natural world.
- Offer individualized learning to allow students to take charge of their own education.
- Provide an inclusive, supportive community.
- Provide diverse situations for students to build relationships with each other and adults.
- Promote cross-cultural experiences.
- Create an economically viable merger of farm and school.
- Prepare the students for success in life.
Profile last updated: 11/04/2011
Gr. 6-12 | 0 mi. away
Gr. PK-12 | 5.3 mi. away
Gr. PK-12 | 13.6 mi. away
Gr. K-8 | 14 mi. away
Gr. PK-8 | 15.4 mi. away
Gr. K-9 | 15.5 mi. away