|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Christian (no specific denomination)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten - 12|
|Total Students||15 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||80%|
|Average Class Size||5 students|
|Number of AP Courses||1 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Honors American History, Honors American History, Honors Ancient World History, Honors Economics, Honors English 10, Honors English 11, Honors English 12, Honors English 9, Honors Government, Honors Modern World History,|
|Average SAT score||630|
|Average ACT score||32|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(khakis & polo shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$1,755|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,755|
|Admissions Director||Rick Herceg|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
- Humanities (Language Arts, History, Bible, Logic Rhetoric) classes meet one day per week (on Tuesdays) from 9:30 – 2:30 pm. for all grades K - 12th. Students will participate in a combined grade level classroom that allows them to interact with peers and promotes classroom discussion and group projects. Veritas West Cobb Classical Grammar School – Grades K through 4
- Students will be guided by an experienced educator through a comprehensive curriculum.
- Parents and students will be able to refer to the textbooks throughout the week to complete assignments and move broader and deeper into the material presented in class.
- The academic program has been created to challenge students to think critically and grow in their knowledge of humanities through reading, projects, the study of Latin root-words and the integration of biblical truth in all subjects.
- Elementary students attend class with peers in the same grade level under the supervision of an experienced educator. Veritas West Cobb Classical Preparatory School – Grades 5 through 12
- The curriculum integrates history (world and American), literature (classical, American, British), composition, grammar, study skills, logic, and critical thinking.
- Vocabulary development through Latin and Greek roots culminates in a formalized study of Latin and Greek as languages in high school.
- Each week, the student will receive an assignment sheet delineating the work required in each subject area.
- 20+ Schools throughout the United States
- Well developed Christian Classical Education Curriculum
- Additional Subjects and Tutoring available
- Several schools in the Metro Atlanta Area
- Curriculum Overview available for all grades
Profile last updated: 08/31/2012
Powder Springs Trinity Chapel Academy
(Church of God)1.7 mi | 308 students | Gr. K-12
Marietta Riverstone Montessori Academy
Montessori School1.9 mi | 104 students | Gr. PK-8 1 Review
Marietta West Cobb Christian Academy
(Church of Christ)2 mi | 73 students | Gr. K-4
Powder Springs Midway Covenant Christian School
(Presbyterian)2.5 mi | 344 students | Gr. PK-8
Powder Springs Grace Baptist Christian School
(Baptist)3.3 mi | 469 students | Gr. PK-12