Our Enrichment Programs are included as a part of our curriculum. These programs are taught by degreed teachers who have received specialized training in order to include them as part of our daily program. All of The Goddard School lead teachers in each classroom have degrees in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or Elementary Education. This is what makes us stand out in our community. We take pride in the fact that our school is NAEYC Accredited. The Goddard School can make a positive difference in your child's life. Our warm, loving atmosphere features a year round extended day program from 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Our program is designed to enhance the emotional, social, intellectual and physical development of your child from six weeks to six years of age. We also offer after-school enrichment and a summer program for children up to seven years of age. We offer private full-day Kindergarten and kindergarten-enrichment programs. Our Kindergarten program offers a balanced full-day program with a small group setting and secure environment that provides the individual attention that children require at this stage in their development.
Our faculty includes loving and dedicated teachers who understand each child’s needs. They are highly qualified childhood educators who are able to use their creativity and the Goddard Developmental Guidelines as the basis for unique lesson plans that are brought to life in a fun and imaginative way. Our degreed lead teachers have an understanding of developmentally appropriate practice, curriculum planning, quality assurance/health and safety, ability to identify strengths and needs and ability to think creatively through all aspects of the position.
Areas of growth and development are highlighted on our daily lesson plans, which our faculty brings to life in appropriate and attainable ways. Children are encouraged to progress at their own pace according to their individual needs and abilities. Our state-of-the-art custom designed building has been planned to provide a safe, healthy and stimulating environment. Two separate playgrounds have been designed to challenge and delight your child at every age.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten - Nursery/Preschool|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Alice Busch|
TOP 10 REASONS TO CHOOSE THE GODDARD SCHOOL 45091 Research Place
Ashburn, VA 20147 (703) 724-0601
- We are rated a “Top Daycare Center: 2010” by Northern Virginia Magazine. We have been recognized as "Top Merchant" for being a "reliable and trusted business" and our "commitment to community".
- We are the only Early Childhood Center in Northern Virginia to offer a chess program as part of their curriculum. Chess encourages higher-level thinking skills, training the brain to think deeply and developing a children's mental state to help them become more alert.
- We have a combined total of 115 years of Early Childhood experience in our building. That’s commitment!
- Every member of our faculty and management are passionate about working with children. All lead teachers are degreed and our staff continues to follow the progress of their former students as they transition to other classes within our program.
- We are the only Early Childhood Center in Northern Virginia who purchases 100% Renewable Energy Credits (RECs) to educate young people about their impact on the environment and teach them to be more socially responsible.
- Our faculty not only implements the Goddard Systems AdvancED-accredited program, which exceeds the state of Virginia standards, they take pride in follow through on the lesson plans that they create for our children based on their growth needs.
- We bring sensory stimulation alive for our babies. We are the only Early Childhood Center in Northern Virginia to offer Yoga classes three times a week and sign language in all classes starting with Infants.
- Our School has received 100% in every Goddard QA review since we have been open.
- We are the only Early Childhood Center that is a member of the Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce and the Better Business Bureau. We uphold a dedicated and sincere management team that strives for excellence on all fronts.
- When it comes to communication with parents, we communicate, communicate, communicate via our Web site, Facebook, Twitter, Blog, Newsletter, Emails, Daily Reports, Monthly Activity & Snack Menu Calendars, Telephone and more!
- Our Enrichment Programs Include: • Music & Movement: Musically Yours, Inc.- Studies have shown that music stimulates children's brains while helping them to express their feelings, investigate rhythm, and explore other cultures. Children are able to obtain musical literacy through innovative, fun activities and active participation. • Art Appreciation/Art History: Trampoline™ Learning Programs for Young Minds - Art History for Kids is a unique way for young children to learn about the most influential artists throughout history. Teachers use age-appropriate art projects, games, and activities to expose children to art from prehistoric and ancient times through the art of the 20th century. • Physical Fitness and Nutrition: B.A.S.E. (Balance, Agility, Strength, and Endurance) The objective of the Goddard B.A.S.E. Fitness Program is to expose children to the skills necessary to support their active lives, to develop positive self-esteem, and to set the foundation for a healthy life-style. Goddard's fitness program also incorporates a nutrition component by teaching children how to make healthy food choices. Children learn to identify various foods, investigate food ethnicity, and observe the physical changes that can take place in foods during preparation and digestion. • Sign Language: Time to Sign® Program - The sign language program introduces children to American Sign Language (ASL). Children, even infants, learn to sign through the use of songs, games stories, and play. Recent findings indicate that a bilingual approach with hearing children enhances literacy skills and activates brain growth and development. Sign has also been shown to reduce conflict, facilitate an understanding of human emotions, and increase children's confidence and self-esteem. • Foreign Language: Trampoline™ Learning Programs for Young Minds - The Explorer Program by Trampoline™ introduces children to the Spanish language and culture. With hundreds of games, songs, and activities, the Explorer Program provides hours of learning and fun. • Language Arts: Scholastic's Building Language for Literacy™ - This program equips young children with the critical language and literacy skills, and experiences, they need to build the foundation for success in reading. It is built upon children's home and community experiences to create meaningful connections. • Manners: The Goddard Guide to Getting Along™ - Our innovative program fosters acquisition of the essential skills of: Friendship, Compassion, Cooperation, and Kindness. The program incorporates a variety of activities that inspire thoughtful discussion; provide practice on an individual and group level; and include class-wide, school-wide, and community-wide opportunities for skill building at an age-appropriate level, even as young as 18 months. • Math: The Goddard School® math curriculum's purpose is to enable students to classify, sequence, pattern, and understand numerical concepts. It is also used as a tool to develop appropriate math experiences for children. • Science: The Goddard School® science curriculum's goal is to provide children the opportunity to observe, record, and compare the results of activities, experiments, and natural phenomena. • Yoga: Yogaroo - This cross-curricular learning experience helps younger learners improve focus, balance, creativity, flexibility, body awareness, and control. • Computers: Computers are located in the all classrooms for children 2 1/2 years to 12 years. In addition, the classes have scheduled times that they visit the computer lab.
Profile last updated: 10/01/2012
Sterling ED Anywhere
(Seventh-Day Adventist)1.6 mi | 1900 students | Gr. 6-12
Ashburn Ashburn Village Country Day School
Early Childhood / Day Cares2.2 mi | 200 students | Gr. NS-5 3 Reviews
Sterling Chesterbrook Academy Elementary & Middle School
Sterling Creme De La Creme
Early Childhood / Day Cares2.5 mi | 265 students | Gr. K-1
Ashburn Loudoun School for the Gifted
Special Program Emphasis2.5 mi | 51 students | Gr. 6-12 1 Review