Our Enrichment Programs are included as a part of our curriculum.
Our faculty includes loving and dedicated teachers who understand each child’s needs.
Areas of growth and development are highlighted on our daily lesson plans, which our faculty brings to life in appropriate and attainable ways.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten - Nursery/Preschool|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Alice Busch|
TOP 10 REASONS TO CHOOSE THE GODDARD SCHOOL 45091 Research Place
Ashburn, VA 20147 (703) 724-0601
- We are rated a “Top Daycare Center: 2010” by Northern Virginia Magazine. We have been recognized as "Top Merchant" for being a "reliable and trusted business" and our "commitment to community".
- We are the only Early Childhood Center in Northern Virginia to offer a chess program as part of their curriculum. Chess encourages higher-level thinking skills, training the brain to think deeply and developing a children's mental state to help them become more alert.
- We have a combined total of 115 years of Early Childhood experience in our building. That’s commitment!
- Every member of our faculty and management are passionate about working with children. All lead teachers are degreed and our staff continues to follow the progress of their former students as they transition to other classes within our program.
- We are the only Early Childhood Center in Northern Virginia who purchases 100% Renewable Energy Credits (RECs) to educate young people about their impact on the environment and teach them to be more socially responsible.
- Our faculty not only implements the Goddard Systems AdvancED-accredited program, which exceeds the state of Virginia standards, they take pride in follow through on the lesson plans that they create for our children based on their growth needs.
- We bring sensory stimulation alive for our babies. We are the only Early Childhood Center in Northern Virginia to offer Yoga classes three times a week and sign language in all classes starting with Infants.
- Our School has received 100% in every Goddard QA review since we have been open.
- We are the only Early Childhood Center that is a member of the Loudoun County Chamber of Commerce and the Better Business Bureau. We uphold a dedicated and sincere management team that strives for excellence on all fronts.
- When it comes to communication with parents, we communicate, communicate, communicate via our Web site, Facebook, Twitter, Blog, Newsletter, Emails, Daily Reports, Monthly Activity & Snack Menu Calendars, Telephone and more!
- Our Enrichment Programs Include: • Music & Movement: Musically Yours, Inc.- Studies have shown that music stimulates children's brains while helping them to express their feelings, investigate rhythm, and explore other cultures. Children are able to obtain musical literacy through innovative, fun activities and active participation. • Art Appreciation/Art History: Trampoline™ Learning Programs for Young Minds - Art History for Kids is a unique way for young children to learn about the most influential artists throughout history. Teachers use age-appropriate art projects, games, and activities to expose children to art from prehistoric and ancient times through the art of the 20th century. • Physical Fitness and Nutrition: B.A.S.E. (Balance, Agility, Strength, and Endurance) The objective of the Goddard B.A.S.E. Fitness Program is to expose children to the skills necessary to support their active lives, to develop positive self-esteem, and to set the foundation for a healthy life-style. Goddard's fitness program also incorporates a nutrition component by teaching children how to make healthy food choices. Children learn to identify various foods, investigate food ethnicity, and observe the physical changes that can take place in foods during preparation and digestion. • Sign Language: Time to Sign® Program - The sign language program introduces children to American Sign Language (ASL). Children, even infants, learn to sign through the use of songs, games stories, and play. Recent findings indicate that a bilingual approach with hearing children enhances literacy skills and activates brain growth and development. Sign has also been shown to reduce conflict, facilitate an understanding of human emotions, and increase children's confidence and self-esteem. • Foreign Language: Trampoline™ Learning Programs for Young Minds - The Explorer Program by Trampoline™ introduces children to the Spanish language and culture. With hundreds of games, songs, and activities, the Explorer Program provides hours of learning and fun. • Language Arts: Scholastic's Building Language for Literacy™ - This program equips young children with the critical language and literacy skills, and experiences, they need to build the foundation for success in reading. It is built upon children's home and community experiences to create meaningful connections. • Manners: The Goddard Guide to Getting Along™ - Our innovative program fosters acquisition of the essential skills of: Friendship, Compassion, Cooperation, and Kindness. The program incorporates a variety of activities that inspire thoughtful discussion; provide practice on an individual and group level; and include class-wide, school-wide, and community-wide opportunities for skill building at an age-appropriate level, even as young as 18 months. • Math: The Goddard School® math curriculum's purpose is to enable students to classify, sequence, pattern, and understand numerical concepts. It is also used as a tool to develop appropriate math experiences for children. • Science: The Goddard School® science curriculum's goal is to provide children the opportunity to observe, record, and compare the results of activities, experiments, and natural phenomena. • Yoga: Yogaroo - This cross-curricular learning experience helps younger learners improve focus, balance, creativity, flexibility, body awareness, and control. • Computers: Computers are located in the all classrooms for children 2 1/2 years to 12 years. In addition, the classes have scheduled times that they visit the computer lab.
Profile last updated: 10/01/2012
- School Location Miles Students Grades
Sterling ED Anywhere
10 Pidgeon Hill Drive, Suite 70
Sterling , VA , 20165
(703)433-0805(Seventh-Day Adventist)1.6 mi | 1900 students | Gr. 6-12
21019 Forum Terrace
Sterling , VA , 20166
(703)430-2555Early Childhood / Day Cares1.6 mi | students | Gr. NS-PK
Ashburn Ashburn Village KinderCare
44051 Ashburn Shopping Plaza
Ashburn , VA , 20147
(703)729-6567Early Childhood / Day Cares2.1 mi | students | Gr. NS-PK
AshburnAshburn Village Country Day School
20909 Ashburn Village Blvd
Ashburn , VA , 20147
(703)723-4500Early Childhood / Day Cares (Nonsectarians)2.2 mi | 200 students | Gr. NS-5
Sterling Cascades KinderCare
20655 Fernbank Court
Sterling , VA , 20165
(703)404-4060Early Childhood / Day Cares2.2 mi | students | Gr. NS-PK
- February 09, 2014 - My child is very new to this school. For younger children, I appreciate the age-appropriate use of play as a means to educate. I like the fact that this is more than a day care facility, but an actual school that aims to have my almost-3-year-old child prepared for grade school. I especially like the idea that there is an emphasis on academic readiness and that we will have some idea about areas of strength and weakness to guide us once she is ready for school. - Posted by Parent
- January 24, 2014 - I interviewed over 20 daycares, but Goddard is the best. The teachers are caring and patient. The majority of teachers have a degree. They are constantly reading books, preparing art projects, teaching baby sign language, and encouraging the use of manners. - Posted by Parent
- July 22, 2013 - The well rounded, play based approach encourages learning. The teachers and staff are wonderful educators and caring people. - Posted by Parent