We bring as many resources as are available, to bear in helping not just teenagers but whole families. More than just a private school, and definitely not just "a program" we are a whole approach to real change for teens and their families. Whether the issue is teen pregnancy, apathy, drug use, anger, or any other at-risk behavior... we are ready to help. There is hope…
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Religious Affiliation||Christian (no specific denomination)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7 - 12|
|Total Students||16 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||38% (CA School Avg.: 41%)|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,600|
|Tuition Notes||Full Annual Tuition Shown...HLA offers a sliding scale tuition based upon need and family income.|
- Hope Learning Academy utilizes non-traditional approaches to learning that place the highest priority on Critical Thinking for life situations. We also ground students in the general subjects that the State of California Requires with our computer based curriculum.
- Life Coaching: Adults that mentor teenagers at Hope Learning Academy have the ability to engage in a course of learning and serve a requisite number of hours under the tutelage of the Executive Director of Hope Learning Academy, to earn an Adolescent Life Coaching credential (ALC). ALC's pour their life experience and wisdom in to the lives of our students. We have seen first-hand, the positive results that Life Coaching has in students' lives.
- Parent Mentoring: PARENT PROJECT (www.parentproject.com) Our primary mentoring curriculum for parents is the #1 Court-Approved Parenting Curriculum in the nation. Parents will revolutionize their effectiveness as parents in 24 hours over 10 sessions with our Facilitators and Parent Mentors who have successfully implemented the tools in their homes.
- Support: We provide opportunities for parents to rest and receive support as they work for change in their child's and their own lives.
- Life Enrichment: We provide Experiences throughout the year that grow our students in lots of ways. Past events have been various community service projects, attending graduation ceremonies at major universities such as USC, and participation in our nationwide extreme sports and music project called The Extreme Tour (www.theextremetour.com). Some students will travel to Nashville, TN. each year to participate in inner city community service with the Extreme Tour.
Profile last updated: 07/30/2013
Lake Elsinore Kids In Action
Early Childhood / Day Cares2.8 mi | 83 students | Gr. K
Wildomar California Lutheran High School
(Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod)2.8 mi | 94 students | Gr. 9-12 1 Review
Wildomar Faith Baptist Academy
(Baptist)2.8 mi | 152 students | Gr. K-12
Wildomar Bundy Canyon Christian School
(Christian)3.3 mi | 167 students | Gr. K-11
Menifee Good Shepherd Lutheran School & Cdc
(Lutheran Church -- Missouri Synod)3.7 mi | 274 students | Gr. K-8