St Barbara Elementary School
|School Membership(s)||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Western States Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten - 8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||362 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||83% (CA School Avg.: 43%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Matriculation Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,650|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is divided into 10 monthly payments. $450 education fee per child due upon registration. Per family participation includes 25 service hours ($25 per hour buyout) and fundraising. Open house is January 29, 2012 20:30-2pm.|
|Admissions Director||Karen Atencio|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Total Extracurriculars||4 extracurriculars|
|Academic Decathlon||School Newspaper|
|Student Choir||Student Council|
- St. Barbara School Mission: St. Barbara School is a Catholic Parish School, serving families in the cities of Santa Ana, CA and other near-by locations in Orange County. Our mission is to create a safe, Catholic, Christian environment in which our sturdents are able to become individuals of faith who live the Gospel message, life-long learners, confident effective communicators, responsible citizens in our community, and respectful, health-conscious individuals.
- School-wide Learning Expectations
- Within a safe Catholic, Christian environment, St. Barbara School provides instruction which enhances the academic, spiritual, aesthetic, social and physical growth of our students. Therefore, our students are capable of being:
- Individuals of faith who live the Gospel message by: Understanding and valuing basic elements of Catholicism. Growing in their relationship with Christ. Developing and growing in their prayer life. Working to achieve social justice. Reflecting God's infinite love in relationships with others. Contributing time, talent, and treasure to the Church community
- Life-long learners with a solid foundation of knowledge who can: Demonstrate competency in the basic skills. Think critically and solve problems. Develop study skills rooted in self-discipline and motivation. Utilize technology to facilitate learning. Appreciate creativity and the fine arts.
- Confident, effective communicators who: Read with discernment and understanding. Compute with accuracy Write with clarity. Think independently. Speak effectively.
- Responsible citizens of the local and world communities who: Acknowledge that they can make a difference. Support and participate in local and national affairs. Develop understanding, compassion, and respect for all people Recognize dangers and opportunities in the modern world. Recognize and appreciate the struggles and sacrifices parents make Fulfill family responsibilities. Develop self-confidence and leadership qualities.
- Respectful, health-conscious individuals who: Value themselves, others, and all of God's creation. Understand the importance of making healthy choices. Have the knowledge of and appreciation for a variety of physical activities.
Profile last updated: 01/17/2012
Gr. K-8 | 0 mi. away
Gr. K-7 | 0 mi. away
Gr. PK-12 | 0.2 mi. away
Gr. PK-6 | 0.6 mi. away
Gr. K-12 | 0.8 mi. away
Gr. K | 1.3 mi. away