Grades: PK - 8 | 229 students
Challenging the Intellect, Nourishing the Spirit for over 60 years - Saint John the Baptist Catholic School in Healdsburg is dedicated to continuing the work of Christ while providing each individual with the opportunity to achieve academic excellence and make a positive contribution in the world.
The Catholic Church, through the ministry of the Catholic School, teaches Gospel values.
Children of all faiths who appreciate the morals, principles, and ideals of a Catholic education have opportunities to experience care and concern for themselves, classmates, family, and local/global communities.
The needs of the whole child are addressed through a Catholic education using a variety of strategies that develop the spiritual, academic, cultural, social, emotional, physical, and artistic facets of each individual.
The school, partnered with the parents, supports each child in the process of growing, while developing an appreciation for life-long learning and service to the local and global community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Western States Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten - 8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||ADD, ADHD, Dyslexia|
|Total Students||229 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||20%
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||15%|
|Average Class Size||23 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
Finances and Admission
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,180|
|Tuition Notes||Financial Aid available|
|% on Financial Aid||17%|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Dr. Colleen Bruckmann|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Track and Field,
Why Choose SJS?
- 100% of recent graduates receive honors their first semester at Cardinal Newman High School.
- Advanced student scores on standardized testing.
- 90% student participation in extracurricular activities such as band, theater productions, chess and athletics.
On-Campus Technology and Resources
- Laptop computers in upper grades, IPads to be introduced early 2014.
- Interactive SMART boards in every classroom including Music.
- Superior on-campus library and gymnasium.
- Small class size with teacher assistants at every grade level to ensure low student to teacher ratio.
- Two teacher assistants in grades Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten for even smaller ratio.
- Full-time counselor to provide best opportunities for every child to find success.
- Full-time resource specialist to accommodate all levels of learning.
- Affordable before and after school child care with the option of tutorial programs and study hall.
Arts and Athletic Opportunities
- Foreign language, art, music, technology and physical education as part of core curriculum.
- Competitive athletic program.
Profile last updated: 12/03/2013
- School Location Miles Grades Students
HealdsburgGrades: NS-PK | 45 students
500 Grove Street
Healdsburg, CA 95448
HealdsburgGrades: K-8 | 171 students
33 H Healdsburg Avenue
Healdsburg, CA 95448
HealdsburgGrades: 9-12 | 179 students
3200 Rio Lindo Ave
Healdsburg, CA 95448
WindsorGrades: PK-8 | 268 students
Po Box 1880
Windsor, CA 95492
Santa RosaGrades: K-8 | 271 students
4400 Day School Place
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Rental Market Monitor
August 30, 2015
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
August 09, 2015
Voucher programs have gained a lot of traction since 1989 when the first voucher program appeared in Milwaukee. We look at how things are playing out in 2015.
July 12, 2015
Many parents tend to dismiss the idea of sending their children to private school without exploring it in depth. We explore this and several more related subjects.