Grades: K - 5 | 47 students
Agape Christian Academy's mission is to provide students with a high quality education in a nurturing Christian environment that will allow each student to excel and reach their full potential asstudents, citizens, and caring Christians regardless of race, national origin.
Agape Christian Academy is an independent, non-denominational Christian school created based upon mutual interest from students’ families and the director, Karen Buhrman.
Agape first opened its doors for the 2007-2008 school year serving students from kindergarten through 2nd grade. Since that time, the school has added a grade each year.
Agape remains committed to its initial goal of providing a high quality education to all students in a nurturing Christian environment.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Teachers and Schools (ACTS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten - 5|
|Total Students||47 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Associate||Connie Burroughs|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Oratirical Speech, Robotics/engineering, Spanish, band, etiquette, music, physical education, spelling bee club, visual and dramatic arts, yearbook club Spanish, band, etiquette, music, yearbook club, Oratirical Speech,
spelling bee club,
visual and dramatic arts,
- Teachers- At Agape, we strive to educate with excellence providing committed, certified, professional caring teachers who love Christ, love their students, and love what they teach. (We strive to educate with excellence) and believe that teachers are the single most important factor in determining the success of a school. As a result, we hold our teachers to a high standard to create a meaningful learning experience for each student, challenging them to achieve their very best.
- Curriculum- Agape offers a rich, varied, and challenging curriculum which is based on the North Carolina Standard Course of Study and Common Core Curriculum, but is augmented, integrated, and individualized for a particular class or student to insure each child’s needs are met. Our language arts program emphasizes a higher level of thinking by teaching the skills of organizing, integrating, comparing and contrasting, as well as interpretive and evaluative thinking. There is extensive exposure to reading as well as an emphasis on writing and oral presentations. Reading is integrated throughout all subject areas, and is taught using a balanced literacy approach, which includes phonics. Science and social study objectives are integrated throughout with exposure to North Carolina, American and world history.
- Clubs & extra-curricular subjects- In addition to the core academics, special classes are provided once a week for all grade levels. These include Spanish, Physical education, music, robotics/engineering, etiquette, and visual and dramatic arts. Special interest clubs currently offered throughout the school year include spelling Bee, band, Oratorical Speech, and Yearbook.
- Testing- Agape tests all students using the nationally standardized, norm-referenced test, Iowa test of Basic Skills. The ITBS measures the skills and achievements of students and provides an in-depth measure of important educational objectives. It also yields reliable and comprehensive information about the development of students’ skills and their ability to think critically. The ITBS test compares a students across the county in Reading, Language Arts, Mathematics, Social Studies, and Science and are taken in schools throughout the United States and overseas by approximately 3 million students annually.
- Testing Statistics- Agape celebrates a compilation score for each grade K-5, on the 2010–2011 ITBS on reading, language arts, science and social studies was 99% with over 75% of all students scoring in the top 5% on at least one of the disciplines tested. Continuing its success in 2011-2012, Agape students achieved a compilation score of 99% with half of the middle students’ grades 5-8 being eligible for testing through the Duke TIP program.
- Need more information? We invite you to call the Admissions Office at 336.625.0455 for more information or if we can be of any assistance. Thank you for your interest in Agape Christian Academy.
Profile last updated: 01/31/2014
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AsheboroGrades: PK-6 | 4 students
1627 Browers Chapel Road
Asheboro, NC 27205
AsheboroGrades: K-12 | 20 students
1424 Nc Highway 42 S
Asheboro, NC 27205
AsheboroGrades: PK-12 | 211 students
151 W Pritchard St
Asheboro, NC 27203
AsheboroGrades: PK-12 | 160 students
1928 N Fayetteville St
Asheboro, NC 27203
RamseurGrades: PK-12 | 302 students
5449 Brookhaven Rd
Ramseur, NC 27316
Rental Market Monitor
August 30, 2015
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
August 09, 2015
Voucher programs have gained a lot of traction since 1989 when the first voucher program appeared in Milwaukee. We look at how things are playing out in 2015.
July 12, 2015
Many parents tend to dismiss the idea of sending their children to private school without exploring it in depth. We explore this and several more related subjects.