Grades: 9-12 | 56 students
Founded in the summer of 1999, the GW Community School embraces as its mission the development and implementation of a holistic educational program which will develop and optimize the giftedness and intelligence of each student in an in-depth, enriched, and technically advanced college preparatory environment that emphasizes authentic application of knowledge, not merely assimilation of information.
Students will experience academic success and the development of social awareness and responsibility in an atmosphere where all are treated with respect and courtesy. The GW Community School recognizes the unique contribution of parents, students and community members striving for unity of purpose.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||56 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Number of AP Courses||3 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus BC, AP US Government, AP US History|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$22,994|
|Admissions Associate||Cassie Sinichko|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess, Coyote Robotics, History thru Movies, Personal Fitness, Soccer, Student Government Association, Weightlifting, Yearbook Chess, Soccer, Weightlifting, Yearbook, Coyote Robotics,
History thru Movies,
Student Government Association,
- Admissions Process: GW Community School has rolling admissions. We keep our class sizes small and want to keep our total enrollment at approximately 55 students therefore we do fill up and have to turn students away.
- GW Community School does not host an Open House for prospective families; instead we schedule personal interviews with our Director. If you are interested in learning more about GWCS we recommend the following:
- 1. Familiarize yourself with GWCS through our website: www.gwcommunityschool.com. If this sparks your interest or stirs up additional questions...
- 2. Call GWCS and ask to schedule a prospective interview: (703) 978-7208. Prospective interviews include student and parent(s) and last approximately one hour. You will meet with the Director, Alexa Warden. She will talk with you about GWCS, answer any of your questions, ask you questions and show you around the school including visiting classes that are insession at the time, interacting with students and teachers.
- 3. Submit an application complete with writing sample, photo and application fee.
- 4. Once application material has been received you will be notified of our decision by mail within two to three weeks.
Profile last updated: 07/16/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
SpringfieldGrades: 1-12 | 147 students
9001 Braddock Rd Ste 200
Springfield, VA 22151
AnnandaleGrades: K-9 | 419 students
8800 Braddock Rd
Annandale, VA 22003
9328 Braddock Rd.
Burke, VA 22015
FairfaxGrades: K | 14 students
4100 Hunt Rd
Fairfax, VA 22032
SpringfieldGrades: 8-12 | 16 students
8000 Forbes Pl Ste 102
Springfield, VA 22151
Rental Market Monitor
October 04, 2015
This A-Z list is designed to make you aware of the many things involved in choosing the right school for your child.
September 20, 2015
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
September 07, 2015
Choosing the right school for your child is a major project. We look a five reasons why you might be looking at the wrong schools.