|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Programs Supported||yes|
|Total Students||223 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 37%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,200|
|Tuition Notes||$3200/yr tuition inclusive of student fees. $100 Family Registration Fee.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Shellie Jones|
|Admissions Associate||Susan Riddle|
- Morning Glory Academy (MGA) is a two-day/week classical, Christian school located at 129 Pecan Street, Keller, 76248. MGA provides part-time, small-group learning environment for children ages 5 - 18 ("K to 12th grade") in support of the students' home-centered education. Our programs serve families who do not want full-time public or private school, but do not want to 'go it alone' as homeschoolers.
- Please view our website for detailed information about our mission, structure, curricula, and more: www.theMGA.org.
- Students are divided into Grammar stage, K-5th; Logic stage, 6th-8th; and Rhetoric stage, 9th-12th. These levels guide both the content and the teaching methods of our classes. More detail on this classical approach to education is on our website.
- Our classes take place on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9am to 3:10 pm for all levels, and on Mondays and Wednesdays for Logic 3, Rhetoric 1 and Rhetoric 2. Learning remains home-centered, but the child has group learning experiences and peer interaction in our classes. We study together the core subjects of World History, Literature and Language Arts, Science, and Math.
- We have a wonderfully convenient location, central to Keller, Southlake, Ft. Worth, Roanoke, Watauga, Colleyville, and North Richland Hills. We support families by:
- - offering teaching support to parents;
- - providing a class environment for students;
- - offering the flexibility of more time at home;
- - providing accountability and structure for students.
- The interview process will help us and you know whether MGA is appropriate for your child and what level is best. Because of our small class sizes, our policy of partnering WITH parents, and our dedicated teachers, we are able to welcome students who need adaptations from the 'traditional' classroom environment. MGA is an inclusive learning community, welcoming children with a variety of learning styles, capacities, and diagnoses. If a student is able to participate appropriately in a class environment and benefit from it, we are happy to include them in MGA. Our students include those who are traditional learners in typical styles; those who have learning challenges, and those who are considered 'gifted and talented.' We have a wide variety and want to maintain that broad spectrum in our learning community.
- Students, parents, and teachers commit to emulating Christ in their conduct, their conversation, and their efforts. Students sign a Code of Conduct that delineates our expectations for classroom behavior, and are expected to abide by it. Parents are provided a Parent Partnership Statement that outlines our expectations for completion of homework assignments necessary to profitable group discussion and interactive learning. We are partners in educating our and your children, and clearly defined expectations are foundational to success in this venture.
- We limit class sizes to 18 students per class. The Humanities studies (World History/ Literature) rely heavily upon discussion, with the students preparing by reading, researching, and writing outside of class. Science is lab- and activity-based. Math classes are a combination of lecture and time for students to work problems. In every class, our commitment is to provide worthwhile learning activities in support of your child's education.
Profile last updated: 09/01/2014
- School Location Miles Grades Students
KellerGrades: K-3 | 21 students
232 S Elm Street
Keller, TX 76248
KellerGrades: K | 42 students
122 E Vine St
Keller, TX 76248
KellerGrades: NS-8 | 127 students
1308 Whitley Road
Keller, TX 76248
KellerGrades: PK-8 | 35 students
10200 Alta Vista Rd
Keller, TX 76244
Fort WorthGrades: PK-KG | 50 students
11655 Alta Vista Rd Ste B
Fort Worth, TX 76244