Nestled at the foot of Bishop's Peak on a safe and beautiful 10-acre campus, The Laureate School environment is friendly and nurturing.
The Laureate School is the only school in San Luis Obispo County ranked among top private schools nationwide.
The Laureate School
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)||Western States Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool - 8|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Inclusive learning and behavior support; targeted teaching during opt-out (one of the two) foreign language periods. am Student Teacher Support Team (STST) program.|
|Total Students||144 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||15% (CA School Avg.: 43%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||5%|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom dress code||Casual
(Spirit Wear Fridays (School-logo - or school color - T)
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,000|
|Tuition Notes||Toddler/Primary $3750-$6800 (2-5 full or half days) Transitional K $6800 K-5 $7000 Middle School tuition $7500|
|% on Financial Aid||1%|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
|Admissions Director||Roz Reymers|
|Admissions Associate||Cindy Richmond|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Total Extracurriculars||1 extracurriculars|
- Small classes that support differentiated learning, collaboration, and critical thinking.
- Leveled-reading and literacy groups promote comprehension and analysis skills while nurturing life-long readers.
- Project-based learning provides relevance and engaged learning.
- Everyday Mathematics in grades K-5 develops deep conceptual understanding of mathematics and a firm foundation for PreAlgebra beginning in grade 6.
- Mac Technology Lab and classroom PC platform within a unique Digital Literacy Curriculum based on International Technology Standards.
- Spanish, Mandarin,music, art, PE, and LifeLab taught by specialty teachers.
- Middle School golf, tennis, swimming.
- Middle School Integrated Science and Literature classes aligned for High School honors classes.
- Middle School math and Spanish progressions prepare students for advanced course placement.
- School-wide Character Education program and Positive Behavior Support.
- Curriculum-enriching field trips focus on History and Social Studies, Science, and Visual and Performing Arts.
Profile last updated: 09/16/2012
Related School Videos:
Gr. Nursery/Preschool-8 | 0 mi. away
Gr. K-6 | 2 mi. away
Gr. PK-8 | 2.5 mi. away
Gr. 9-12 | 2.5 mi. away
Gr. PK-12 | 2.9 mi. away
Gr. K-7 | 3.5 mi. away