Nestled at the foot of Bishop's Peak on a safe and beautiful 10-acre campus, The Laureate School environment is friendly and nurturing.
The Laureate School is the only school in San Luis Obispo County ranked among top private schools nationwide.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western States Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool - 8|
|Learning Programs Supported||Students may opt out of foreign language to receive tutoring during this time.|
|Total Students||131 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||15% (CA School Avg.: 41%)|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||5%|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Spirit Wear Fridays (School-logo - or school color - T)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,250|
|Tuition Notes||Toddler/Primary $3750-$6800 (2-5 full or half days) Transitional K $6800 K-5 $7000 Middle School tuition $7500|
|% on Financial Aid||1%|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
|Admissions Director||Diana Garrett|
|Admissions Associate||Cindy Richmond|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball,
Swimming, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Student Council Student Council,
- Small classes that support differentiated learning, collaboration, and critical thinking.
- Leveled-reading and literacy groups promote comprehension and analysis skills while nurturing life-long readers.
- Project-based learning provides relevance and engaged learning.
- Everyday Mathematics in grades K-5 develops deep conceptual understanding of mathematics and a firm foundation for PreAlgebra beginning in grade 6.
- Mac Technology Lab and classroom PC platform within a unique Digital Literacy Curriculum based on International Technology Standards.
- Spanish, Mandarin,music, art, PE, and LifeLab taught by specialty teachers.
- Middle School golf, tennis, swimming.
- Middle School Integrated Science and Literature classes aligned for High School honors classes.
- Middle School math and Spanish progressions prepare students for advanced course placement.
- School-wide Character Education program and Positive Behavior Support.
- Curriculum-enriching field trips focus on History and Social Studies, Science, and Visual and Performing Arts.
Profile last updated: 07/30/2013
San Luis Obispo San Luis Obispo Christian School
(Christian)2 mi | 45 students | Gr. K-6
San Luis Obispo Old Mission School
(Roman Catholic)2.5 mi | 383 students | Gr. PK-8
San Luis Obispo Mission College Preparatory Catholic High School
(Roman Catholic)2.5 mi | 280 students | Gr. 9-12
San Luis Obispo San Luis Obispo Classical Academy
Alternative School2.9 mi | 252 students | Gr. PK-12 1 Review
San Luis Obispo The Montessori Childrens School
Montessori School3.5 mi | 96 students | Gr. K-7