|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Religious Affiliation||Christian (no specific denomination)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten - 8|
|Total Students||243 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||5% (CA School Avg.: 41%)|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||31:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Lacrosse, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- Our goal is to teach students to love God, respect others, and be responsible citizens.
- Our credentialed Christian teachers use excellent teaching practices to increase student learning.
- Our students use meaningful problem solving activities to develop critical thinking skills and prepare them for positions of leadership.
- Our school atmosphere encourages understanding and appreciation of individual and cultural diversity.
- Our parents and extended families are integral to the spiritual and academic development of each student.
Profile last updated: 08/31/2012
Aptos Santa Cruz Montessori School
Montessori School0.4 mi | 280 students | Gr. PK-8
Soquel Tara Redwood School
Montessori School1.8 mi | 51 students | Gr. K-4
Aptos Magic Apple School
Aptos Orchard School
Alternative School2.5 mi | 49 students | Gr. K-7
Santa Cruz Good Shepherd Catholic School
(Roman Catholic)2.5 mi | 216 students | Gr. NS-8
- January 28, 2012 - How many children (past preschool) complain on a Saturday morning that they are sad it isn't a school day? Our child loves his school and we could not be happier with our choice to enroll him. The academics are strong and the class sizes are small. The moral character lessons taught are presented in a relevant and age appropriate manner. I also like the fact that my child says the Pledge of Allegiance every morning and is learning to be a person committed to things bigger than himself. We could not find the "extras" provided at TLCS at any other private school in our county. The amazing Technology, Library, Art, Music, and PE classes are unparalleled in my opinion. The campus is gorgeous and committed to green practices (sensor lights, faucets and toilets in the remodeled bathrooms and recycle receptacles are located on campus and in classrooms) to name a few. This school is also rich in diversity with children and families from all demographics represented. Lastly, and most importantly, the reason we chose to enroll our son in TLCS is the strong leadership provided by the current principal. She is an extraordinary woman who can be found on campus conversing with students and parents every single day. Her commitment to academics and student safety is evident in her daily decisions. TLCS has a zero tolerance policy regarding physical and emotional aggression. I am confident my son is safe and well cared for at this school. The only detraction I have regarding this amazing school is that our child was not enrolled beginning with preschool! TLCS is a nurturing environment and great place for any child to flourish during their formative years. - Posted by Parent