Valley Oaks School
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 4 - 9|
|Total Students||13 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||69% (CA School Avg.: 43%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||100%|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom dress code||Casual|
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Students are placed from school districts/SELPAs through the IEP process.|
|Admissions Director||Siobhan Hanna|
- Aspiranet's Valley Oaks School is a certified non-public school designed to educate students who are struggling with emotional issues and/or learning disabilities. All students are placed at the school through the IEP process. Valley Oaks School offers a special emphasis on students mastering social skills and improving interactions with peers and adults. The eventual outcome for the students is to return to a public school setting at their developmental grade level and possess the skills to learn and excel with their peers.
- Teachers at Valley Oaks School are credentialed through the State Commission on Teacher Credentials in the specialized area of mild to moderate handicaps. All staff are trained to work with students who are behaviorally challenged and require extreme interventions. Valley Oaks also has a school counselor available on an as-needed basis to provide group and individual support.
- Students at Valley Oaks School are provided instruction in a small, structured environment with low student to staff ratios. All students are provided supervision 100% of the school day. Located in Turlock, CA, Valley Oaks School provides younger students, from surrounding communities, the individualized attention necessary to address both their emotional disturbances and learning handicaps.
- Valley Oaks School offers a full academic program at all levels from primary to 8th grade. Small classes and individual attention are key to the student's success and a core school value. Valley Oaks School is designed to help students develop competence in the skills of reading, writing, spelling and mathematics while generating enthusiasm for the learning process and building self-confidence.
Related School News:
- Electronic recycling event to save libraries - Lodi News-Sentinel
posted on January 3, 2013 at 09:41:59 am
Electronic recycling event to save librariesLodi News-Sentinel26 at the drop-off sites at Lake Canyon School, 800 Lake Canyon Ave., or Valley Oaks School, 21 C ...
Gr. 4-9 | 0 mi. away
Gr. PK-12 | 0 mi. away
Gr. K-12 | 0 mi. away
Gr. K-9 | 0.5 mi. away
Gr. K | 1.3 mi. away
Gr. K | 1.3 mi. away