Waldorf School Of Santa Barbara
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten - 9|
|Total Students||113 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||30%|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom dress code||Casual
(No commercial advertising or TV images on clothing)
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / Feb. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$13,800|
|Tuition Notes||The above tuition is for grade students, our early childhood tuition varies by program|
|% on Financial Aid||55%|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$7,000|
|Admissions Director||Joni McGoldrick|
|Admissions Associate||Heidi Goodwin|
- Waldorf education has a 90-year track record of proven learning techniques backed up by research in brain development, kinesthetic learning, and emotional intelligence.
- To see the whole in every part, to engage the head, heart and hands: this is the endeavor of Waldorf education.
- Founded in Stuttgart, Germany, in 1919, by Austrian philosopher Rudolf Steiner, Waldorf schools arose from the widespread search for new social and educational values after World War I.
- Waldorf education is even more relevant today. Our children need to become confident, creative thinkers who possess a respect and reverence for life and a strong sense of personal responsibility.
- Each school is operated autonomously and acknowledges the uniqueness of its local community, yet all Waldorf schools are united by a common educational philosophy.
- The Waldorf School of Santa Barbara offers a unique combination of classic academics anchored by an arts-rich curriculum. Waldorf students from nursery through grade eight are engaged in a dynamic learning process through which they develop the skills and motivation for a lifetime of learning.
- The Waldorf School of Santa Barbara is a vibrant school community where faculty and administration work with families to support and provide the best possible school life experiences for the students.
- We offer prospective families regular opportunities to visit our campuses and discover the depth and beauty of our curriculum in action through events such as "Walks through the Grades" and Open House, as well as private tours.
- We realize that researching schools can be an exciting and challenging endeavor. We are here to answer your questions and concerns, and assist you in any way possible. We look forward to meeting you.
Gr. K-9 | 0 mi. away
Gr. Nursery/Preschool-8 | 0.7 mi. away
Gr. K-7 | 0.7 mi. away
Gr. 2-8 | 0.7 mi. away
Gr. K-9 | 1.1 mi. away
Gr. 5-9 | 2.7 mi. away