Grades: K-8 | 247 students
The Logan School for Creative Learning was founded in 1989 by a dedicated group of teachers and parents as a member-owned, non-profit organization.
The School was previously known as The Denver School for Gifted and Creative, in existence since 1981.
The Logan School provides a unique learning experience for children who are gifted learners.
Our curriculum emphasizes experiential, individualized learning, using an array of the most successful education strategies available.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Colorado Independent Schools (ACIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||247 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||41 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||19 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 7|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,780|
|Tuition Notes||The Logan School values and encourages socio-economic diversity and has a deep commitment to need-based financial aid. Please contact us for more information.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Becky Godec|
|Admissions Associate||Rachel Shields|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, VolleyballBasketball, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess Club, MathCounts, School Newspaper, Theater, Yearbook Chess Club, MathCounts, Theater, Yearbook, School Newspaper,
- MISSION: The mission of The Logan School for Creative Learning is to provide an experience-based educational opportunity for gifted children of all backgrounds, that allows each child to develop individually to his or her fullest potential. There are five basic values that serve as the cornerstone from which we establish this environment:
- Empowering Children: Empowering children is the process of helping all children see that they have power, control over, and responsibility for themselves. In addition, this process helps children see that they are a part of a diverse world and can cause change to happen.
- Opening Doors: The school supports the child's ability to experience as many ideas, learning processes, perspectives and opportunities as possible.
- Fostering Responsibility: In teaching responsible decision making, we encourage children to look at situations from a variety of directions, set a goal, evaluate each option in terms of the goal, take action for the goal to come to fruition, and assume responsibility for the consequences of that decision.
- Fostering Independence: The Logan School provides an environment where children are encouraged to look at themselves honestly, to evaluate their own needs clearly, to make decisions responsibly, and to think for themselves.
- Fostering Care and Concern for Others: At The Logan School, the feelings, needs, and ideas of each person are respected. We emphasize cooperation rather than competition. We strive to create and maintain an inclusive environment.
- PHILOSOPHY: The Logan School for Creative Learning offers a unique learning environment for gifted children that stimulates academic accomplishment, critical thinking and creativity while fostering peer interaction and personal growth. We believe that such an environment is most effective when a diverse community studies, plays and grows together. In addition to the traditional "3 R's", we stress 3 additional R's: Research - searching out information; Reasoning - processing information; and Recording - creating a way to save and/or share information.
- Our staff develops a highly individualized curriculum for each child's unique readiness level, learning style, and personal interests, while ensuring that each child is academically and intellectually challenged. In addition, small group and whole class learning activities are designed to provide group problem solving and collaboration, as well as peer evaluation. We believe that there is merit in all learning approaches, and work to provide a curriculum that best suits the individual. Students learn essential skills such as reading, writing, and math, as well as life skills such as time management and personal responsibility. At The Logan School for Creative Learning, there are no ceilings. Hands-on experiences and exploring outside the classroom are vital in learning to integrate, retain and manipulate information. While other schools consider field trips supplementary or recreational, here they are an integral part of the curriculum. Experiential learning is inherent in our individualized units, classroom activities, community trips, and the wealth of hands-on equipment available.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
DenverGrades: 9-12 | 1664 students
458 Uinta Way
Denver, CO 80230
DenverGrades: PK-6 | 434 students
206 Red Cross Way
Denver, CO 80230
DenverGrades: K-8 | 441 students
350 Quebec Street
Denver, CO 80230
DenverGrades: PK-8 | 202 students
1250 Newport St
Denver, CO 80220
AuroraGrades: PK-8 | 192 students
1200 Kenton Street
Aurora, CO 80010
Rental Market Monitor
October 04, 2015
This A-Z list is designed to make you aware of the many things involved in choosing the right school for your child.
September 20, 2015
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
September 07, 2015
Choosing the right school for your child is a major project. We look a five reasons why you might be looking at the wrong schools.