Grades: PK - 9 | 170 students
A Pre-K - 9th grade private school where your child can achieve their highest academic goals in a Bible-based, safe and caring enviroment.
FCA, where every child is a unique part of our school family.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Church of Christ|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten - 9|
|Total Students||170 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||39%
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
- Florida College Academy provides a learning environment where biblical principles are taught and exemplified. From the beginning, Florida College's founders wanted students to receive an education which included a knowledge of God and His creation. Daily Bible classes and Chapel provide opportunities to focus on Christian attitudes and concepts. Students at FCA are instructed in four principles of respect:
- Respect for yourself
- Respect for others
- Respect for property
- Respect for authority
- All faculty members embrace the highest Christian values and uphold the philosophy and purposes of Florida College Academy.
- With a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1, students learn in a safe, caring environment.
- Athletics are important in both physical and social development. Grades 5-9 are encouraged to participate in the extracurricular sports programs. Soccer, basketball, softball and baseball are offered for both boys and girls.
- Field trips, projects, banquets and other programs allow students to interact in a variety of social situations.
- We believe a school should provide a warm, nurturing environment where respect for others is demonstrated, and where safety is assured. When we speak of the "FCA family", we are emphasizing the close, personal relationships that exist between students, teachers, parents, and administrators. Located in the city of Temple Terrace, one of the safest neighborhoods in Hillsborough County, FCA strives to provide an environment free of weapons, alcohol, drugs, profanity and hostility.
- Solid education, spiritual development, social interaction, and safety-compelling reasons to choose Florida College Academy for your child's education. We invite you to come visit our school and observe the warm, caring environment provided for our students. We hope you will become part of the FCA family soon. Your children deserve the best. Solid Education
- At Florida College Academy (FCA), language arts, science, math, social sciences and Bible principles are stressed as the foundation of all education. This core curriculum is enriched by numerous electives and extracurricular opportunities. Since its establishment in 1958, Florida College Academy has provided the educational foundation for thousands of students. FCA is associated with Florida College, Hillsborough County's second oldest institution of higher learning.
- FCA enjoys many advantages by being connected with Florida College. College facilities and resources are available to Academy students.
- Educational events such as guest speakers, storytellers, lecturers and musicians are often scheduled to perform for Academy students.
- All students enjoy weekly classes in art, music and physical education. Students in grades 6-9 are encouraged to participate in beginning and advanced band programs.
- Non-Discrimination Policy --- Florida College Academy admission is granted to students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin, and includes all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students of the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, athletic and other school-administered programs.
Profile last updated: 09/02/2014
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Temple TerraceGrades: PK-8 | 115 students
304 Druid Hills Rd
Temple Terrace, FL 33617
TampaGrades: K-7 | 40 students
15102 Amberly Dr.
Tampa, FL 33647
Temple TerraceGrades: PK-8 | 245 students
9715 N 56th St
Temple Terrace, FL 33617
TampaGrades: PK-6 | 115 students
7822 N 56th Street
Tampa, FL 33617
TampaGrades: K-12 | 63 students
7834 N 56th St
Tampa, FL 33617
Rental Market Monitor
August 30, 2015
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
August 09, 2015
Voucher programs have gained a lot of traction since 1989 when the first voucher program appeared in Milwaukee. We look at how things are playing out in 2015.
July 12, 2015
Many parents tend to dismiss the idea of sending their children to private school without exploring it in depth. We explore this and several more related subjects.