Grades: NS-8 | 220 students
Grace Lutheran School is an academically superior school on a beautiful cottage-like campus.
The family atmosphere and commitment to students and their families nurtures the discovery of young people’s life purpose and spiritual significance.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church -- Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||220 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Unifrom style of dress.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,200|
|Tuition Notes||Scholarships available|
|Admissions Director||Laura Eicher|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Flag Football,
Softball, Track and Field,
- Academics The academic program at Grace Lutheran School (GLS) is a unique combination of key principles from Classical Education, Core Knowledge, and time-tested concepts of getting back to the basics. Preschool through the primary grades is an intentional emphasis placed on reading, writing, and core math skills. These concepts and subject areas are enhanced through fifth grade, continuing to lay a solid educational foundation, until junior high (6th – 8th grade) where students are equipped to creatively apply and practically implement these skills across all academic areas. GLS graduates will be able to read proficiently, write eloquently, and think deeply and logically.
- Building A transformation began I the Fall of 2010. The entire GLS facility is being remodeled and reshaped to meet the needs and new direction of the school program. Fresh color inside and out; updated offices, meeting rooms, library and cafeteria; art studio; completely refurbished classrooms (new paint and flooring); and, clean, simple landscaping will return the campus to the day when Grace Lutheran was proudly designated “ the most beautiful church in the south.” During the finishing stages of the total makeover, GLS will begin the long awaited construction of a gymnasium.
- Communication and Support for the Family A core value at GLS is communication. Communication is an ongoing process and will continue to be a priority. Website updates, newsletters, e-mails, on-line grade reporting are just a few of the means GLS staff will use to insure that all families are aware of their child’s progress and important activities and events in the school. Communication is more than sharing grades – it will be the means we use to create a family environment where all feel valued, supported, and affirmed.
- Faculty and Staff The four C’s are known by all teachers at GLS: Communication, courtesy, cleanliness, and cutting-edge academics. These are the predominate goals of each faculty and staff member who interacts with our families. Communication is vital so each family knows the class and school. Courtesy and respect are invaluable to model of Christian behavior, create a family environment, and express that ball challenges can be overcome through cordiality and common understanding. Cleanliness expresses organization, focus, and readiness to learn. Cutting-edge academics is manifest by teachers who are not book-driven, worksheet-driven, who stand and walk among their students to monitor behavior and progress, and constantly strive to teach creative, engaging lessons.
- School Emphasis’ The strength of GLS is academics. Ask any parent the ultimate goals for their child’s eucation and they will undoubtedly answer they want their children to be able to read anything, write anything, and think intelligently. Therefore, reading, writing, and math will always be the academic emphasis recognizing them as the gateway to higher order thinking and academic success in all subject areas.
- Extracurricularly, fine arts is an emphasis primarily due to the research that distinctly shows the correlation between academic success and involvement in the arts. Choir, band, orchestra, drama, handbells, praise team, music class, art instruction and other areas that support fine arts will be implemented for well-rounded students and better academicians.
- Assisting each child in the discovery of their unique gift set is a priority. Each of us has been blessed with a profoundly unique set of talents. GLS believes by offering a variety of athletics, arts, clubs, and dramatic performances each child will have ample opportunity to find their personhood.
- School Size The ultimate goal for GLS is 320 students (104 in preschool, 198-216 in grade school). This number is arrived at through the following calculations:
- Two year olds 1 class 10 per class 10 students Three year olds 2 classes 15 per class 30 students Four year olds 3 classes 18 per class 54 students K o 8th grade 9 classes 22-24 per class 198-216 students
- The current philosophy at GLS is embracing a single-graded (one class per level) grade school. Smaller numbers will nurture the family environment, develop better social skills among peers, foster relationships across grade levels, allow teachers to really know their students and families, and provide an opportunity where more students can participate in a variety of activities.
- Student Focused As seen throughout Jesus’ ministry, especially at a time where children were not valued in the least, children are important to God. As a people of God, we share those beliefs and place the highest value on the students we serve. We are under a social and God-ordained obligation to provide the absolute best education possible to our students and families. This is a core value, priority, and divine calling.
- Spiritual There is no secret in the fact that we exist because we are passionately concerned about your families eternal destination. We are here to share the path to heaven – through a Spirit inspired relationship with Jesus Christ. This relationship is vital to all we do in our school and vital in each persons life as it provided purpose, power, perseverance, and peace.
- Power(Ephesians 1:18-19) Our strength (power) is not in ourselves or our own accomplishments but in God and God alone: power to live, power to endure, power to press on toward the goal of eternal life, power to face life’s challenges.
- Perseverance(Romans 5:3-4) Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.
- Peace(Psalm 85:10, , John 14:27) One thing we have that the world does not is the peace of God. In chaos and confusion, division and discontent we remain faithful, full of hope, and peace filled.
- Purpose(Ephesians 1:11, Ephesians 3:11) Our purpose is to be loved by God, love him back, and love others into His care and Kingdom. .
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Saint PetersburgGrades: K-9 | 33 students
4128 28th St N
Saint Petersburg, FL 33714
St PetersburgGrades: KG-8 | 464 students
2021 62nd Ave N
St Petersburg, FL 33702
Saint PetersburgGrades: PK-12 | 964 students
5101 1st Street NE
Saint Petersburg, FL 33703
Saint PetersburgGrades: K-8 | 330 students
1900 12th St N
Saint Petersburg, FL 33704
Saint PetersburgGrades: PK | 91 students
6030 1st Street N
Saint Petersburg, FL 33703
Rental Market Monitor
September 20, 2015
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
September 07, 2015
Choosing the right school for your child is a major project. We look a five reasons why you might be looking at the wrong schools.
August 30, 2015
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.