Island Christian School
|School Membership(s)||Other school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Christian (no specific denomination)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten - 12|
|Total Students||169 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||19% (FL School Avg.: 34%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||25%|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|Average SAT score||1180|
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,100|
|% on Financial Aid||10%|
|Admissions Director||Juanita Knewsen|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Total Extracurriculars||5 extracurriculars|
|Art Club||F.U.E.L. Youth Group|
|Key Club||Math Club|
- Island Christian School enjoys full accreditation status since 1979 by the Florida Association of Christian Colleges and Schools (FACCS).
- FACCS accreditation is nationally recognized by the National Council For Private School Accreditation (NCPSA), the Florida Association of Academic Nonpublic Schools (FAANS), and our national affiliate, the American Association of Christian Schools (AACS).
- Students in grades 9 - 12 are scheduled for college prep courses that meet or surpass al of the State of Florida requirements.
- AP and duel enrollment classes are offered when possible. Students register for and complete the PSAT/NMSQT test, the PLAN and Explore evaluation during the sophmore and Junior year for preparation for the SAT/ACT college entrance tests.
- The Elementary students begin First Grade with a basic academic program including strong phonics, reading, math and communication skills. The curriculum becomes more intensive as the student progresses through the grades. By the completion of Sixth Grade, the student has a solid foundation in reading, math, English grammar, composition, communication, American and world history/geography, (including participation in the National Geographic Geography Bee) and earth and space science, and the basic principles of chemistry and physics.
Gr. PK-12 | 0 mi. away
Gr. PK-3 | 13.2 mi. away
Gr. PK-8 | 20.9 mi. away
Gr. K | 20.9 mi. away
Gr. 2-5 | 29.5 mi. away
Gr. K-8 | 32.3 mi. away