Grades: PK-8 | 319 students
St. Paul Lutheran School is providing comprehensive educational excellence that nurtures the spirit, engages the mind and equips learners to transform their community through Christ.
St. Paul Lutheran School is accredited by National Lutheran School Accreditation (NLSA) and by AdvancED (SACS).
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church -- Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||319 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Advanced Courses||Algebra I, Spanish I,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(School uniform of polo shirts and khaki or plaid pants/skirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by program. Please see the admissions tab at www.splslakeland.org for detailed information on tuition and fees. Tuition assistance is available for K-8 programs.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
|Admissions Director||Marianne Garas|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||4H, Agriculture, Art, Builders club, Chess club, Dance instruction, Drama, Instrument instruction, Piano, Running club, Voice instruction 4H, Agriculture, Art, Builders club, Chess club, Drama, Piano, Running club, Dance instruction,
- St. Paul Lutheran School, through Christ, serves a diverse group of learners by nurturing the spirit to function confidently in the community and the faith, engaging the mind to its full potential through educational excellence, and equipping the whole student to impact the world through the transforming power of God’s grace.
- We serve children from age 15 months through eighth grade. Annual enrollment surpasses four hundred students each year with an additional two hundred new students served through summer programs.
- Most of our students come from homes where parents identify as Christian and about 40% of students’ families attend St. Paul Lutheran Church. However, our enrollment also includes a significant number of families who come to us seeking quality education in a safe and ethical setting, even if they are not connected to a church. We are so glad to serve these families, who are well aware that Christ is honored in everything we do.
- Our curriculum includes both innovative and traditional elements and technology plays an important role in instruction and student productivity. We build our curriculum from the Bible and the Florida learning standards, seeking to surpass the basics in both depth and breadth of learning.
- In 2013, SPLS was named a Department of Education Green Ribbon school reflecting our commitment to preserving God’s created environment, enhancing physical fitness and nutrition, and conserving energy. Regular instruction in physical education, Spanish, art, technology and music enhance the core curriculum.
- The campus, located on the southwest side of Lakeland, is beautiful, well-equipped and secure. It features an Athletic Center and quarter-mile running track, an outdoor classroom, library, computer lab, cafeteria, music suite, archery range, and student-tended gardens.
- The faculty comes from a variety of backgrounds and the staff includes numerous teachers and administrators specifically trained for ministry in Lutheran schools. Advanced degrees are common, including two teachers seeking doctoral degrees.
- Graduates are able to attend a wide variety of area public, charter, academy and private high schools. The Class of 2015 consisted of 36 students who moved on to ten different high schools of their choosing.
- Since 1964, St. Paul Lutheran School has been providing high quality education in a Christ-centered setting. We welcome inquiries and love to show families the blessings of our school.
Profile last updated: 07/16/2015
Nearby Private Schools:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
LakelandGrades: KG-12 | 130 students
4406 S Florida Ave Ste 20
Lakeland, FL 33813
LakelandGrades: PK-12 | 987 students
1111 Forest Park Street
Lakeland, FL 33803
LakelandGrades: PK-12 | 114 students
4204 Lakeland Highlands Rd
Lakeland, FL 33813
LakelandGrades: PK-12 | 50 students
4210 Lakeland Highlands Rd
Lakeland, FL 33813
MulberryGrades: KG-11 | 10 students
5795 Imperial Lakes Blvd
Mulberry, FL 33860
Rental Market Monitor
November 24, 2015
Many parents search for an answer to the question "How do I provide the kind of religious education I want for my child?" Religious education is a very personal, subjective matter. We explore some of your options.
November 19, 2015
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.
October 04, 2015
This A-Z list is designed to make you aware of the many things involved in choosing the right school for your child.