Grades: 6 - 12 | 232 students
The mission of Dominion Christian Schools is to glorify God as we prepare students in mind, body, and spirit to meet life's challenges with a Christ-centered Biblical worldview.
Established in 1997, DCS is a private, coeducational, independent Christian school.
Our 40 acre campus provides a peaceful learning environment with all the amenities of much larger schools.
Our campus is composed of a diverse student body made up of Caucasian, African-American, Asian, Hispanic, Native-American and international students. Because our school is for 6-12 graders, we focus on each student's particular needs in a college preparatory environment.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6 - 12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Please contact Director of Counseling, Jeff Peeples for specific questions to kinds of Learning Differences supported; GSNS accepted|
|Total Students||232 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||14%
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||55%|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||9 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Art - Studio, AP Calculus AB, AP Chemistry, AP Language & Composition, College Anatomy & Physiology, English 101 Advanced Composition (Dual Enrollment), English 102 Literary Types & Composition (Dual Enrollment), Psychology 101 (Dual Enrollment), Spanish 101 (Dual Enrollment), Spanish 102 (Dual Enrollment), World History 101 (Dual Enrollment), World History 102 (Dual Enrollment),|
|Average SAT score||1584|
|Average ACT score||23|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,985|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition cost listed is for HS. Please check the website for MS tuition and tuition breakdown.|
|% on Financial Aid||20%|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Lisa Stansel|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||18 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Beta Club, Chapel Worship Band, Choir, DoMissions, Epicurean Society, Explorers, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Foreign Culture Club, International Club, Mu Alpha Theta, National Honor Society, Orchestra, Outreach Club, Peer Leadership, Rangers, Student Ambassadors, Student Government Association Band, Beta Club, Choir, DoMissions, Explorers, Mu Alpha Theta, Orchestra, Outreach Club, Rangers, Chapel Worship Band,
Fellowship of Christian Athletes,
Foreign Culture Club,
National Honor Society,
Student Government Association,
- At Dominion Christian Schools we are.... "Guiding, Growing, Grounding Tomorrow's Leaders Today"
- Guiding each student to glorify God
- Growing each student for life
- Grounding each student with a Biblical worldview
- With this purpose in mind, we offer an excellent educational program dedicated to respect, reveal, and develop the inherent dignity and worth of each individual student in a dynamic as well as nurturing environment. Dominion Christian Schools is a unique place. Because our school is solely for 6-12 graders, we can focus on each student's particular needs. Dominion offers a challenging and diverse college preparatory curriculum in a Christian private school setting that is aligned with state and national standards. At Dominion, academic excellence consists of thorough instruction in the basic disciplines, the development of sound study habits, and the opportunity to be challenged by increasingly complex subject matter -- all integrated with a Biblical worldview. Dominion’s graduation requirements closely parallel the admission requirements of many colleges. Because of the quality and experience of the faculty, and the personal instruction and guidance given, we believe that students will find a challenging and balanced academic program at Dominion.
Profile last updated: 07/21/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AcworthGrades: K-12 | 408 students
1720 Mars Hill Rd #8 - Pmb #111
Acworth, GA 30101
AcworthGrades: PK-KG | 78 students
1680 Brookstone Walk Nw
Acworth, GA 30101
Powder SpringsGrades: PK-8 | 344 students
4635 Dallas Highway
Powder Springs, GA 30127
KennesawGrades: NS-12 | 1250 students
1275 Stanley Road
Kennesaw, GA 30152
KennesawGrades: 6-12 | 135 students
1291 Stanley Rd Nw
Kennesaw, GA 30152
Rental Market Monitor
August 30, 2015
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
August 09, 2015
Voucher programs have gained a lot of traction since 1989 when the first voucher program appeared in Milwaukee. We look at how things are playing out in 2015.
July 12, 2015
Many parents tend to dismiss the idea of sending their children to private school without exploring it in depth. We explore this and several more related subjects.