Grades: PK - K | 80 students
Congregation Anshei Israel shall serve as a source of spiritual, educational and social enrichment in order to encourage and ensure Judaic values in accordance with the Principles of Conservative Judaism. Congregation Anshei Israel was founded in 1930 and located originally in downtown Tucson on South Stone Avenue. Under the spiritual leadership of Rabbi Marcus Breger and Cantor Maurice Falkow, of blessed memory, the synagogue relocated in 1946 to 6th Street and Martin, and, as the congregation continued to grow, moved in 1969 to its present location on the corner of 5th Street and Craycroft. Rabbi Arthur Oleisky began a 29-year tenure as spiritual leader in 1970. In 1999, we welcomed Rabbi Robert Eisen to lead our congregation. In 2011, Rabbi Ben Herman was appointed as our education director and in 2012 our assistant Rabbi.