Grades: 9 - 12 | 162 students
In 1906, a Mission School was started in Atlanta, Georgia by Elder G.E. Peters on Greensferry Avenue adjacent to the Second Seventh-Day Adventist Church. The school had two classrooms, one upstairs and one downstairs. One teacher for grades 1-4 and one teacher for grades 5-8. In 1929, Atlanta University bought the Mission School and the church. The Second Seventh-Day Adventist Church bought a building at 105 Ashby Street, S.W. The congregation under the leadership of Elder A.B. Story changed the name from a Mission School to Berean Seventh-Day Adventist Church School. At the new location, the church was growing and the school was growing.
In the 50's, the school outgrew its facilities and they relocated at 230 Westview Place, SW. The congregation renamed the school, Berean Jr. Academy and first through tenth grades were taught. On March 25, 1981, a proposal was filed with the Southern Union Conference, seeking authorization to add the 11th grade in the 1981-1982 school year and the 12th grade in the 1982-1983 school year. On May 4, a team drawn from the North American Division and Southern Union and South Atlantic Conferences filed a report to recommend that Berean Junior Academy be upgraded to full senior academy status.