Harvest Baptist School
|School Membership(s)||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)
Georgia Association of Christian Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten - 12|
|Total Students||74 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||40% (GA School Avg.: 25%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||20%|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1100|
|Matriculation Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom dress code||Formal
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,000|
|Tuition Notes||See website|
|Admissions Director||Bill Lystlund|
|Admissions Associate||Hayley Lystlund|
|Total Extracurriculars||1 extracurriculars|
|Georgia Association of Christian School Fine Arts|
- A TRUSTWORTHY TESTIMONY Harvest Baptist School is a ministry of Harvest Baptist Church and has been known throughout the greater Acworth area for over 30 years as a quality Christian school. We are a member of the Georgia Association of Christian Schools and a member of the American Association of Christian Schools.
- A PLEASANT ENVIRONMENT We firmly believe that Christian education should be marked by both discipline and pleasantness. Students are treated with compassion, and the faculty will work with parents to help their young people do right. HBS students are encouraged to behave and dress in a manner that honors Christ and promotes modesty.
- TEACHERS THAT MAKE A DIFFERENCE Our teachers are qualified both spiritually and academically to influence your son or daughter. All teachers are certified through the GACS. Our faculty is engaged in continuing education programs to better equip themselves to serve their students. They are caring, compassionate believers striving to make a difference in the lives of their students for Christ's sake.
- FIRST-CLASS FACILITIES Harvest Baptist School is located on a beautiful 25-acre campus. A full-service cafeteria offers hot lunches to all students.
- The church auditorium provides an ideal setting for chapel services and other programs such as high school graduation exercises. The classrooms are spacious – specifically designed for their purpose. Great care is taken daily to ensure that the facilities are clean and well-maintained.
- AFTER SCHOOL CARE We provide supervised care for students before school each morning beginning at 7:30 a.m. Supervised care is available after school each day until 6:00 p.m.
- A WORTHY PURPOSE Harvest Baptist School is a private Christian school making available an excellent education to the members of Harvest Baptist Church and, as space permits, other families in the greater Acworth area. Our purpose is to develop the mind of Christ in the lives of our students. We desire to be an extension of the Christian home.
- YOUR CHRISTIAN HOME Your home should be the most important influence in the life of your child. The education made available at HBS can only be effective as a complement to the biblical foundation you have laid at home. We would be grateful for the opportunity to serve your home and family through our school ministry.
Profile last updated: 01/16/2013
Gr. PK-12 | 0 mi. away
Gr. K | 1.5 mi. away
Gr. 4-11 | 3.1 mi. away
Gr. PK-12 | 3.1 mi. away
Gr. Nursery/Preschool-12 | 3.9 mi. away
Gr. PK-1 | 4 mi. away