|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Georgia Accrediting Commission
Atlanta Association of Independent Schools (AAAIS)
National Association of College Admissions Counselors
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten - 12|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||14% (GA School Avg.: 22%)|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||101 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||75%|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||17 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Economics, AP English Language & Composition, AP Government & Politics, AP Latin, AP Physics, AP Calculus AB & BC, AP Literature, AP US History, AP Biology, AP Chemistry, AP Environmental Science, AP French, AP Spanish, AP Art, AP Statistics, AP World History|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(khakis and polos except Wed, formal uniform for chapel)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 15 / Aug. 30 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Apply for Financial Aid with CFO Bruce Morine...ext 2257... firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Admissions Director||Kirsten Beard|
|Admissions Associate||Christy Dickson - Lower School|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance,
Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming,
Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Mount Vernon Presbyterian School …
- Provides a college preparatory environment dedicated to developing students who are motivated to excel in life.
- Inspires all students to pursue academic excellence, take pride in their work, develop leadership skills and celebrate their achievements.
- Motivates students to become independent thinkers, to set and achieve goals and to be accountable for their actions.
- Provides a Christian environment where students are encouraged to develop their own personal faith and spirituality.
- Compliments the academic program with a wide range of activities to develop the mind, body and spirit of each student.
- Respects the unique value of each member of the school community.
- Expects and encourages all faculty, staff and students to lead lives of honor, integrity and high moral character at all times.
- Believes that diversity and global awareness enrich the learning experience.
- Demonstrates a concern for the welfare of others through grade appropriate outreach programs.
- Creates an atmosphere where students enjoy learning, have fun and develop lifelong relationships.
- Our School has developed a set of 21st century core competencies that are infused within the entire educational program called “The 21st Century Mount Vernon Mind.”
Profile last updated: 08/31/2012
Atlanta Cumberland Academy of Georgia
Special Education School0.3 mi | 78 students | Gr. 4-12
Atlanta The Gar'inim School
Special Education School (Jewish)0.6 mi | 45 students | Gr. K-9
Atlanta Pierian Springs
Atlanta Weber School
(Jewish)1 mi | 219 students | Gr. 9-12
Montessori School1.5 mi | 267 students | Gr. NS-8
- January 31, 2013 - The teachers at MVPS are superb! They are dedicated to student learning and always go above and beyond. Wonderful opportunities for students to participate in a wide variety of "extras." A very family oriented school with lots of opportunities for parent involvement. Interim week for Upper School students is fantastic---travel experiences have been outstanding. - Posted by Parent
- January 31, 2013 - Terrific acedemic environment- the teachers are creative and engageing. Athletic programs develop the athlete and the leaders! - Posted by Parent
- January 31, 2013 - We have been at MVPS for 7 years and have seen many changes, all for the best! The school offers an excellent academic program and is improving every year. The teachers are amazing and they engage students in innovative and inventive curriculum to extend the learning process. Many extracurricular opportunities are available including sports, service and arts. Sports teams are increasingly competitive, yet accessible, after the switch to GHSA. Highly recommend MVPS for it''s balanced approach to develop a well rounded, college ready child. - Posted by Parent
- January 31, 2013 - We have been at Mount Vernon Presbyterian School for 8 years. We started in the 3 day 3''s program and currently have a 3rd and 5th grader. We were very happy with our choice of school 8 years ago, but over the last 3 years, we have become truly ecstatic about the direction that Brett Jacobsen and the leadership of MVPS has taken the school. The school focuses on creating the "Mount Vernon Mind", teaching our boys to be innovators, creative thinkers, ethical decision makers, and truly, my boys are not only learning about these terms, they are truly embracing the behaviors...and we couldn''t be happier. - Posted by Parent
- October 27, 2012 - Great school. 2 of our kids graduated from there and got early decision offers to their top choice colleges. Last child is still in the high school. All 3 have loved the school. Academics are good to excellent and have improved each year. Availability to just about any sport is excellent. Only major sport not offered is Lacrosse. Great system of academic and athletic awards, and the student leadership system is also outstanding. Very personalized atmosphere and open to new ideas. I''d also say there is an innovative and global emphasis to the school which is pleasantly surprising. - Posted by Parent