Grades: K-12 | 55 students
Kauai Christian Academyʻs Mission is to assist parents to train their children in academic knowledge and Biblical truth which leads to the formation of Biblical thinking and character, so that our students are personally and professionally prepared to impact their families and world for Jesus Christ.
Located on a beautiful 10 acre campus on the way to the scenic Kilauea Lighthouse, Kauai Christian Academy inspires the hearts and minds of pre-school through 12th grade young people with a balance of truth and love, in a safe, nurturing environment that produces outstanding students.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||55 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 60%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition prices vary due to payment plans and financial aid. Please visit the KCA website for full details.|
|Admissions Associate||Daniel Plunkett|
- Kauai Christian Academy will effectively implement its mission and purpose by providing:
- 1. An academic program which imparts functional knowledge in major fields of study (Mathematics, Language Arts, Science, History), prepares students for college and inspires excellence in all aspects of life.
- 2. A spiritual emphasis which exalts the sufficiency of Scripture and the supremacy of Christ in all things and develop self-control Christian character and self-sufficiency. Through the ministry of Christian teachers, biblical standards, spiritual and moral values, a Christian mindset will pervade the classroom in respect and example.
- Attention will be given to the following three areas as Kauai Christian Academy implements its Purpose and Mission statements.
- 1. Education: Kauai Christian Academy is dedicated to the education of children in accordance with the broad areas of development. Therefore, attention will also be given to the mental, physical and social growth of children. The primary purpose of the academic program is to prepare students for a form of education beyond high school, whether college or vocational. Students choosing not to continue education beyond high school will be advanced academically for functioning as an adjusted and productive citizen.
- 2. Edification: Kauai Christian Academy is dedicated to the edification of children in accordance with Ephesians 4:12, For the perfecting (equipping) of the saints for the work of the ministry... Therefore, attention will be given to spiritual growth and development, equipping children to live a life of obedience to the Lord Jesus Christ. Every effort will be made to develop within children a spiritual knowledge base for making wise decisions about life and to develop both the spiritual and natural skills of each child to a level appropriate for high school graduates.
- 3. Evangelization: Kauai Christian Academy is dedicated to the evangelization of those children who may not want to be saved. This is especially true within the elementary school which will include a number of children who have not yet received the Lord Jesus Christ as their personal Savior. However, evangelization will be carried out by teachers on a one-on-one basis. Evangelization, while very important and not to be minimized, will be secondary to the objective to edify and educate children as stated above.
Nearby Private Schools:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
KilaueaGrades: K | 30 students
Po Box 727
Kilauea, HI 96754
KilaueaGrades: K-7 | 57 students
4480 Hookui Rd
Kilauea, HI 96754
KapaaGrades: PK-8 | 169 students
5021 Kawaihau Road
Kapaa, HI 96746
LihueGrades: K-12 | 23 students
4340 Nawiliwili Road
Lihue, HI 96766
LihueGrades: PK-12 | 366 students
3-1875 Kaumualii Hwy
Lihue, HI 96766
Rental Market Monitor
November 24, 2015
Many parents search for an answer to the question "How do I provide the kind of religious education I want for my child?" Religious education is a very personal, subjective matter. We explore some of your options.
November 19, 2015
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.
October 04, 2015
This A-Z list is designed to make you aware of the many things involved in choosing the right school for your child.