|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Alternative School Network|
|Grades Offered||Grades 10 - 12|
|Learning Programs Supported||very small classes -lots / support|
|Total Students||19 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||90% (IL School Avg.: 28%)|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||50%|
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|Average ACT score||20|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(school T shirt )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Sliding scale. Max $10,000 Min $500 Most pay monthly|
|% on Financial Aid||99%|
|Admissions Director||Principal or counselor|
- The best way to get a feel for this school is to visit. Visitors welcome between 9:00 & 3:00 most school days. No appointment is needed. Call to make sure we're here. 773-281-3065.
- Recognized by Illinois State Board of Education
- School offers a wholistic approach to education.
- 20 credits for graduation.
- Especially strong in humanities.
- Good track record preparing "average" students for college.
- Not special ed, but because staff is committed to ensuring that each student receive the support s/he needs, motivated students with moderate disabilities can do well.
- Intergenerational activities with senior citizens who share the building.
Chicago Bernard Zell Anshe Emet Day School
(Jewish)0.2 mi | 540 students | Gr. PK-8
Chicago Kc's Academy Of Early Childhood Education
Early Childhood / Day Cares0.4 mi | 14 students | Gr. K
Chicago Mount Carmel Academy
(Roman Catholic)0.5 mi | 196 students | Gr. PK-8
Chicago Park View Montessori School - Chicago
Montessori School0.5 mi | 130 students | Gr. NS-K
Chicago Lycée Français de Chicago (The French International School)
Special Program Emphasis0.6 mi | 553 students | Gr. PK-12