|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1 - 9|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||33 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||47% (IL School Avg.: 28%)|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||$284.11 a day from time of enrollment, and can change yearly due to State Regulations.|
- Some highlights of the Rush Day School include:
- A strong academic program — Curriculum is aligned with the Illinois State Standards and a child’s home school district.
- Certified special education teachers provide individualized and group academic instruction in classrooms of up to eight students. A resource teacher provides additional support for individual students both inside and outside of all classrooms as needed.
- Psychiatric nurses design individualized behavior management plans for each student. They collaborate with child psychiatrists and other physicians regarding diagnosis, medication monitoring and reduction of symptoms.
- Intensive therapeutic services including individual and family therapy, group therapy with an emphasis on social skills development, and parent groups are provided by a professional and experienced clinical team. This includes a licensed clinical psychologist, licensed clinical social workers, and advanced practice nurses.
- A full-time occupational therapist meets individually with children who require services based on their Individualized Education Plan (IEP) and consults with the classroom teams. A focus for treatment may include sensory integration.
- We offer art therapy and a wide range of other art programs including music, drama, improvisation and photography as part of a fine arts curriculum.
- A learning disabilities specialist and board certified child and adolescent psychiatrist provide weekly consultations.
Chicago Children Of Peace School/st. C
(Roman Catholic)0.3 mi | 169 students | Gr. PK-8
Chicago Chicago Hope Academy
(Christian)0.3 mi | 120 students | Gr. 9-12
Chicago Children Of Peace School
(Roman Catholic)0.4 mi | 212 students | Gr. K-9
Chicago Children Of Peace
(Roman Catholic)0.5 mi | 216 students | Gr. PK-5
Chicago Uic Children's Center-ii
Early Childhood / Day Cares0.5 mi | 43 students | Gr. PK-K